My newest addition (and yes a pic or two)

TheEAR

Just got these today,am breaking them in.Sound fantastic out of the box,the sound is not as liquid as my many years old Contour 3.3's but after 150-200hours break in I should be ready for a serious comparo.

As you can see RF7's in the back,I will have a dual setup in my small room.One complete Klipsch R system and another Dynaudio Contour.Almost no free space to move but the sound more than makes for the lack of realestate.

I use dual ATI multi channel amps with the Klipsch and Monster M series 2.4B wires and a Celeste 4250SE with the Contour 3.4 and Monster Sigma Retro wires.

post-3469-13819297713836_thumb.jpg

GOSH...the mere sight of all those audio components makes me want to run to the bathroom and clean myself off..........Hey EAR, with all of those speakers, when do you get the opportunity to listen to them all? My friends would definitley commit me if they saw just the speakers pictured here in my house at once........Are you an audio speaker reviewer of some sort or should the members of this forum consider introducing you to their freinds in the white jackets?? :) :)

The only thing I'd like to have out of that system is that Pioneer Elite DV AX10 SACD player.

And I still don't get the point of having all of the different sized subs stacked on top of eachother. [|-)]

Jealous,are we. Its called the RSW tower of slam.I like to have various subs,three RSW15's would be owning the same sub three times,nah.

DVAX10 yes it is THE king in Pioneer's upper class lineup,best built DVD/SACD player they ever made.

Nice speaker collection Arthur. I really love those Contour 3.4's they're beautiful. Say, since you already have 3.3's, why didn't you step up to Confidence series?

-PB

See the new Contour range is clearly superior to the Contour lineup they replace,very very close in sound to the Confidence.Damn close in fact

The 3.4 you see will serve as SOURROUNDS when I get the Contour 5.4's . Dynaudio upscale speakers finish and overall built quality are second to none,and when you sit down close ytour eyes and listen they are on another level,no Paradigm,PSB,Definitive has the scalpel like definition these Dynes bring,they are the budget Wilson Audio. [:D] Thiel is the only comany who makes speakers(in the same price bracket) as well designed across the range.

The only thing I'd like to have out of that system is that Pioneer Elite DV AX10 SACD player.

And I still don't get the point of having all of the different sized subs stacked on top of eachother. [|-)]

Jealous,are we. Its called the RSW tower of slam.I like to have various subs,three RSW15's would be owning the same sub three times,nah.

DVAX10 yes it is THE king in Pioneer's upper class lineup,best built DVD/SACD player they ever made.

"Jealous,are we."

Not at all. I'm not a fan of Klipsch subs.

The Pioneer... It looks like the closest thing they have now is the DV-79AVi. It's a far cry from the DV AX10.

Chops,

I know why you do not like the current Klipsch subs,they are punchy and will intrude when not cut at 50Hz or lower.I had a similar reaction.

As I am used to Sunfire and Velodyne HGS subs,these are all about linearity.In this case you must hear a large DD series sub even if you are not interested in buying one.

Clean as clean gets,and when cut low its a marvel of subsonic purity.

About the big Pioneer when I purchased it I paid almost $6000 for it,very expensive gear with the Pioneer name simply does not sell this well. You have competition from Classe and Mark Levinson at price points that are close. Also Sony makes the SCD1,my main unit fin my main audio system,built as well as the DVAX10.Slightly better with SACD and about close on classic CD 's. And the SCD1 is less expensive than the DVAX10(retail to retail)

Why you shouldn't use multiple subs:

Summed frequency is uneven and reduces low frequency extension - any

amount of turning up the lessor subs is equivalent to turning up only

the passband over which it operates (think of it as an EQ).

The group delay goes all over the map - every port/PR tuning has a peak

in the group delay so when adding multiple tunings to the overall

system you are introducing a lot more group delay problems - it's even

worse when EQ is being used on the subs (which is a given).

Phase issues...none of the drivers are going to be completely in phase

over the entire passband - especially around the port tunings. So apart

from the nasty frequency response issues, you also don't have perfect

summing of the signals...which means the distortion floor is also going

to be raised (because all distortion is additive).

I have provided a quick sketch to help illustrate the point.

post-10350-13819297804558_thumb.gif

two questions: how do we know its actually you this time? and what size is your room?

btw you have more speakers then a typical demo room at a stereo store. I think only Collin posted a pict once of his living room and it was the same. Wow.

two questions: how do we know its actually you this time? and what size is your room?

btw you have more speakers then a typical demo room at a stereo store. I think only Collin posted a pict once of his living room and it was the same. Wow.

Well who can it be,not TheWOOFER.I locked my PC and will only post from home,so more clowning by clownish coworkers. TheWOOFER would say I work 9-6 at Micro Bytes and ask for the Stereophile mags he never had back. [:P]

Oh yes Jacksonbart,the room you see this gear is hold on to your hat...not even 10*12feet.Yes more like 9* 11! LOL This is what I call power packing

DrWHO,

All fine and dandy,however the most subs I use at one time is THREE,the three Klipsch RSW's you see stacked.Valid point,no arguing the obvious but,you would be surprised how well they work in tandem.

When doing critical listening one sub only,in its optimal spot,in perfect(or as close as possible)phase with mains.

Why you shouldn't use multiple subs:

Summed frequency is uneven and reduces low frequency extension - any

amount of turning up the lessor subs is equivalent to turning up only

the passband over which it operates (think of it as an EQ).

The group delay goes all over the map - every port/PR tuning has a peak

in the group delay so when adding multiple tunings to the overall

system you are introducing a lot more group delay problems - it's even

worse when EQ is being used on the subs (which is a given).

Phase issues...none of the drivers are going to be completely in phase

over the entire passband - especially around the port tunings. So apart

from the nasty frequency response issues, you also don't have perfect

summing of the signals...which means the distortion floor is also going

to be raised (because all distortion is additive).

I have provided a quick sketch to help illustrate the point.

I always hear you say this but what about the Velodyne 1812? It has a 12 and a 18 and is supposedly crossed so the 12 does one band and the 18 does the low end

http://www.velodyne.com/velodyne/products/product.aspx?ID=3&sid=607e841n

I always hear you say this but what about the Velodyne 1812? It has a 12 and a 18 and is supposedly crossed so the 12 does one band and the 18 does the low end

http://www.velodyne.com/velodyne/products/product.aspx?ID=3&sid=607e841n

In that case both drivers are not working over the same passband so you don't have the overlap issues. The reason behind the design probably has to do with the inability of the 18" driver to play higher frequencies well (cone-breakup) and it's a good marketing ploy to the mind of the audiophile (who wants "punch" and "depth" at the same time - watever that means).

That's to say nothing of the marketing genius of that name. The 1812 overture is well known as a test recording for LF range. There are real cannon shots recorded on better versious and the ignition of gunpowder is a tremendous test.

M