Sub placement(SVS 16-46+) with KLF 30s

Capa

I just got my SVS 16-46+ yesterday...havent had much time to play with it. I'm currently redoing my HT, I used to have an Athena 7.1 (4xF1,C1,B1, and P400), which I gave to my Gf. My theater room isn't big enough to support a 7.1

I have a Pio 1014 receiver.

I acquired 2 KLF-30s for my L and R...still looking for a C7 and the KSP6s. My room is a 3 sided room that opens into a larger area on the left side. I don't have much room up front, after I get the KLF30s placed, for the SVS. I can squeeze it into the FR corner kinda behind the KLF30, but the bassis very underwhelming there..is it likely that I'm getting some wave cancellation from the 2 12in drivers in the KLF30s? I have my receiver set to crossover at 80hz.

I can put the sub on the back wall, basically directly behind the listening postion, I just have to get a sub wire long enough to make it there.

It's kind of imposing though, having a 46" tall sub and 45" tall fronts,lol

Placement depends on the user. Some put the sub in a certain location due to room constraints, WAF, or for looks. Others spend a good amount of time in finding the ideal location.

If your crossovers are set at 80 then only the sub is the source for the lower end. The KLF and + are probably crossing over between 65 and 90. But the lower end should be the +.

Is the sub a PC+ built in amp or a CS+ external amp?

Scott

I moved it around some today..I def.like it behind the sitting area better....

now I have some ?s about the KLF vs KSP for surrounds...here is my situation-

the room is 3 sided, but one of the closed corners is a doorway, so that corner is really out for a speaker...I don't have a way to put two more floorstanders back there unless I make that door unusable(there is another entrance to that BR, but its through a bath). I can easily mount the KSPs on the back wall though.

I figured the KSPs mounted up on the back wall will make a deeper sound field that KLFs on the floor.

How do you like your custom center vs the C7?

Just some advice,

With one subwoofer and one that will dig as deep as the 16-46 you better find the IDEAL spot,as you do not have the luxuty of many subs or a all mighty sub that will have plenty of output even in the middle of the room.

This said place the sub where you will sit,walk/crawl around the room and listen for the most natural bass ,and plenty of room gain. You should have a few spots worthy of note and place your sub there.

Better buy an extension sub cable,as these are inexpensive.And get the sub in the optimal spot,not the out of view solution that may leave you wondering.

Even if deep bass is not very directional,the deeper you go the less directional it gets.You can feel from where it originates.I would place a sub in a good frontal spot,alongside the front wall.

Front wall is only 12 feet or so wide, so by the time I get my Bush Scorpion stand, 52"dlp, and the 2xKLF30s up there, there isn't much room left. I'm really kinda digging it on the back wall I think.

I work for a low voltage company( we do home theater, among other things), so I had a tech. make me a 40 foot sub cable this morning.(Yes, I can get Pioneer and Adcom at wholesale pricing,lol)

What I'm concerned with is mounting the surrounds...the left wall isn't really there, the whole left side is open to the DR/Kit....I wonder how the KSPs will sound with a wall on one side to reflect off of, but the other side doesnt have a wall for an additional 15 feet.

My TOTAL cubic volume for the whole area is around 4500, so I'm gonna add another 16-46+ so I can just pressurize the whole thing I guess.

With the crazy wall situation you would probably be better off going

with a cieling mounted approach - angling the speakers down towards the

listening position.

One thing you might consider would be to go with C7's for your rears as

well - though that might be a lot harder to do considering the used

market.