Sub-Plotting Help

Meatball

Ok...I need help with the last and probably the most cruicial piece of the puzzle that I am going to call "MY Home Theater" Of course, it's the subwoofer. Let me give you all the specifics and I would love for you to make suggestions like only you guys can do. I moved into a new home recently and have a family room that is 19'x20', with an opening on one side to the kitchen. It is carpeted and has five windows that will have curtains eventually. My HT will be for 75% movies and TV & 25% music. Now, let me tell you what I have so far.

Mitsubishi 52" 1080P DLP...Onkyo TX-SR803...2-Klipsch RB-35's...1-RC-35...2-CDT 5800's

I need a sub...or as someone suggested to me...2 subs? Anyway, I'd like your well-respected opinions here. Oh yea, important info to report, my budget is between $400-$600. I really don't know very much about subs except that they are essencial in a truly great HT, so any advice will be much appreciated. If you'd like to address the 2 sub possibility, please do. Someone told me to look at the Outlaw subs. I'd prefer quality over quantity if that helps you. I have a very large entertainment center that will hold the TV, RB-35's & RC-35. I expect to put the sub in the corner of the room to the right of the entertainment center. I hope that's enough info and not too much to bore you.

I've been a member of this forum for just a short time, but have found it to be a great place for honest opinions, good info, and decent people. Thanks to all who read this and especially to all who respond.

Firstly, welcome to the forums!

I started a thread about this some time ago. Give it a read in your spare time.

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/thread/686446.aspx

Also, a forum member is selling two Earthquake SuperNova MKIV-10 subwoofers and maybe he can chime in and tell you how they would work for their room.

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/thread/726203.aspx

(I don't know how to make those URL's links. Just copy and paste in a new window.)

Good luck!!

EDIT: figured out links

Given your budget, I would buy the SVS PB/12 NSD. It would be a no brainer.

I have yet to find a subwoofer than can come close to SVS for the

money. HSU also makes quality subs for the money, but they cant

come close to going as low as the SVS. Construction quality wise,

they are comperable, with the main difference being the SVS goes

lower. If you can squeeze a few more dollars into your buget, I'd

also recommend the SVS PB12/Plus. I subscribe to the theory of

"I'll always have it", so I might as well buy the best one

possible. When it comes to subwoofers, you definitely dont want

to settle with "good enough" or "it will do".

You can find their subs at www.svsound.com

Good Luck

Thanks guys for your thoughts. I'm going to do some serious sub research and might just possibly have to raise my budget on a sub. If you have any other suggestions...bring em on please. I'll also search the forum for some other ideas.