JBL E250P vs SUB-12

dakayus

Hey guys I wanted to know your opinion which one sounds best. I can't go out and hear speakers for a few reasons so I'm limited to buying these things blind. I have heard the sub-12 and I thought it sounded pretty good, but since it was hooked up to a very poor receiver I don't knwo it's full potential.

Well i'm going to be using this in my bedroom so that's like 15x12 or something along those lines. I do want some power, but my main focus is mostly quality. I heard that people prefer the sub-12 over the current rw-12 so i decided to throw out the rw-12. My price range isn't too good so I figure at max something a long the lines of $450 ish. I do not want to get a 10". My main reason for that is mostly because I believe most of the stuff I read was that the 10" don't go low enough. Right now I'm running some RF-3's and they seriously need some bass which heavily lacks in a lot of my music.

I OWN BOTH and the E250P is a piece of junk compared to the Klipsch.

Not even CLOSE.

Sounds like the JBL is a $300 sub and the Klipsch is well over $1000 - that big of a difference.

JBL will be replacing the E250P with the...ugh...SUB 12, which will retail for $429.99 and looks like it will use the same parts as the E250P, so I am not predicting anything great.

Harman International is a HUGE company (Dr. Sydney Harman is worth over $100 million for god sake!!!), they can do better, look at Revel, Lexicon, even the JBL Studio L series!

I OWN BOTH and the E250P is a piece of junk compared to the Klipsch.

Not even CLOSE.

Sounds like the JBL is a $300 sub and the Klipsch is well over $1000 - that big of a difference.

JBL will be replacing the E250P with the...ugh...SUB 12, which will retail for $429.99 and looks like it will use the same parts as the E250P, so I am not predicting anything great.

Harman International is a HUGE company (Dr. Sydney Harman is worth over $100 million for god sake!!!), they can do better, look at Revel, Lexicon, even the JBL Studio L series!

The thing is...Harman is happy with the sales and why would they pump money in R&D when a product sells based an name alone? If it keeps selling dont fix it.

Well, complacency is hardly a good trait in business! My gut feeling is the Synergy line is rocking at Best Buy, and JBL is taking a back seat and seems to be relegated to deep discounts at the NYC camera stores. Hardly a good position to be in.

What about an amplified sub woofer.

I wanted to try a powered subwoofer...so I was looking around for something cheap to try...thinking I would upgrade later to a higher end model.

I bought a JBL LS120P II (400 watt amp, studio series line) demo model for 239.00, list was 699.00

it is running along side a pair of 2004 lascala's. the LaScala's are being fed by an Onkyo NX-1000 in stereo mode which should provide 200 watts per channel.

The JBL's keek up to the LaScala's no problem.