Dealers in N.Nevada/N.California

Mikekid

Hi all. As you know, The GoodGuys has been shut down. The store in Reno used to be the place for us living in the boonies north. (Calif/Nev/Oregon border)

Now a friend has become interested in Klipsch and I am trying to locate a dealer with a good working display of the Klipsch line.

Anyone know of one or two in the N.California (Red Bluff / Redding) or Reno area?

Thanks!

Mike

Reno used to have Wild West and GoodGuys. Both gone now. I have been trying to locate one single dealer within driving distance with no luck.

Kind of pathetic that we have to friggen FLY somewhere to test drive some Klipsch speakers!

Klipsch is fading away up here........................................

Too bad really.

Mike

Wild West is still there, but they are in the pink Scolaries shopping center:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Reno,+NV&ll=39.452737,-119.778236&spn=0.00297,0.006781&t=k&om=1

No Klipsch, and from what I have heard, they are not doing well.

Yeah, same with JBL - where would I go to hear some good JBL stuff (Studio L, Project Array, etc.) They make great products, refuse to sell online, and have no dealers.

Ummmm...

Thats a shame.. Wild West used to carry quite a bit of the klipsch line.

I bought a KG2.2v from them years ago. They were on S.Virginia then. I think that building is a car stereo place now?

(Very cool map Ken)

Good Guys was the only place around here to buy Klipsch. They had the Reference line. Best Buy's sells the Synergy line on their website, but I swore them off years ago so I don't know if they carry them in the store.

There is a audio store in Santa Rosa, Soundscape, that carries the Heritage line. I've been told they have a few pair for audition. According to the dealer lookup page, American Integrity Home Systems in Sacramento carries several lines.

Dale

Thanks Dale.

This morning at work, he told me that he found a dealer in Redding that had a few Reference Klipsch on the floor. He bought a Klipsch outfit from the guy (RF-35's, RC-35, and RB-25's) Saturday. About a two and a half hour drive one way from here.

He said they were very nice folks. I'll get the name of the business later as I can't remember. (Hey, he told me this morning. To my memory...that was decades ago!)

Thanks again.

Mike

Yep, Soundscape has La Scala IIs and Heresy IIs. Lotsa tube gear, and used stuff, too. Nice, relaxed folks. Their repair guy Mike is a trip. Kind of a haul for you though, Mike. Are you sure there aren't any high-end dealers in Burney or Hambone? Man, I wonder what a pair of Cornwalls would sound like in a lava tube...

"Man, I wonder what a pair of Cornwalls would sound like in a lava tube..."

LOL!

Burney is not too far from here (N.W side of Susanville in the hills) but there is not much there either.

My daughter lives near Portland Oregon. I think next trip, I'll see what kind of Klipsch there is around there, just so I can see the new line.

Anyway...thanks for the laugh fini....

Take care

Mike