Cable Signal Pre-Amp

RoseRx

I was told that the surge suppressors that accept A/C power cords and cable, decrease the cable signal. Would a pre-amp device upstream from the suppressor offset the loss? If so, any economic recommendations for signal pre-amps?

intresting question...

i use cable for internet only, and routing thru my power condititioner cable signal filters had no impact on upload or down load speeds.

i do not use cable for tv service, but did the same test on my dish system and the strenth indicatior for the signal did not change.

I expect results could vary....these thingd have different ratings measured in db

I think technically it does dimminish the signal each time it is cut and re sent.. I am sure on some micro level this could be measured.. Now any device that would do this that is also a Hi Fi/ Audio piece of gear today would, of course, be killed marketing wise..

The best gear would be a good UPS unit next to your gear like from trip lite or APC, to do what your surge protector does, but also maintain a good clean signal to your gear when needed which is FAR a better thing to do to protect it. A 99 dollar trip lite UPS does wonders...

As a side note..if you have a cable system get the new radio shack cable booster it is BI directional made for HDTV Cable signals. OK, I know what it means... not so sure how it makes any difference in a cable booster.. That said...

The one that was not Bi Directional did not work, and this one does.. go figure???

(You will need this for on demand or PPV shows.) Anyhow, I am happy I got it right!