Interesting Stereo Console near my house--Worth buying? Any help is greatly appreciated!

bdbaba

I found this for sale near me. Is it worth anything?

Stereo Multiplex by sears silvertone. Sears Silvertone Radio Phonograph. It has an old tube receiver with a tuner--the tubes lit up, but no sound. Two 8" to 10" woofers mounted on either side and two tweeters up front. It also had an old turntable as well.

Model numbers on back said:

4079PC--Mahogony

4080PC--Walnut

4081PC--Maple

4082PC--Sorrento

117 volts

60 cycles

1.4 Amps

150 Watts

Radio Chassis No. 456

Speaker C-37-499-4

64-3-0019505

Here is a picture.

Thanks everyone!

Jeff

post-20722-1381929798714_thumb.jpg

If you need a piece of furniture that could be, with some effort, remodelled into something else, it may be worth it. From an audio perspective, this console is worthless.

The only possible value would be in the tubes, but if you pay over $20 for this you're wasting your dough. In fact, in many cases, people will pay to have consoles like this hauled off.

Now, if you run across a Fisher console, that would be a different story! [;)]

Hi bdbaba, nice old console. They do make nice pieces of furniture if you have the space for them. I have an old 40's Philco with the doors on the front that I use as a TV stand for my 36" Toshiba, it looks cool in amongst my more modern surround sound system. Unlike old radios the consoles are too big for most people to have a huge collection of them so as was already pointed out they aren't really that valuable/expensive and as such a lot of them are hauled off to the landfill site or gutted and used for something else.