Hey Bob Crites... I once sent you a file. (Or anyone who can help with this CWII Crossover question)

m00n

Hey Bob....

Back in Feb time frame I sent you an image where I had layed out actual images of all the cornwall 2 parts I had purchased from Parts Express. I had them layed out in the form the schematic showed and asked you if the way I layed all the parts out was correct, which you confirmed that they were.

I wanted to know if you still have that and if so, can you send it to me? What's throwing me off is that the schematic shows that the woofer and squawker both use a 3mH.

I have two different types of 3mH inductors that I purchased and I don't recall why, I'm sure that I was told to do so by someone... Dean rings a bell.

Here is one of them
ERSE SUPER Q 3.0mH 16 GA 500W INDUCTOR
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=266-912&CFID=1617782&CFTOKEN=40579871
266-900m.jpg

And here is the other
JANTZEN 3.00mH 20 GA AIR CORE INDUCTOR
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=255-056&CFID=1617782&CFTOKEN=40579871
255-054m.jpg

Which of these go where?

And while I'm at it I have a transformer question... The schematic I have shows that the "+" circuit lead coming into transformer goes to pin 2, then from pin 1 the circuit goes to the "+" terminal on the squawker. Then there is a lead coming out of pin 2 going to the negative circuit lead which ties into the "-" terminal on the squawker. I just wanted to confirm that those are correct according to the transformers you sent me.

Thanks!
Rick

The Erse is the one for the woofer circuit.

The terminals you use on the new 3636 autotransformers will be dependent on the amount of attenuation you need in the circuit. I don't have that value for the Cornwall II crossover, but I am sure someone here knows it. Once you know the attenuation, you would look at the sheet that came with the autotransformers to see how to connect them.

Bob Crites

Bob, one more question. It's regarding the transformer sheet you sent.

Your sheet has the following table.

Input Taps |

Output Taps |

Attenuation(DB)

0-X

0-4

0-Y

0-4

0-5

0-4

0-X

0-3

0-Y

0-3

Exectra. So, what does that mean? How do I read this? Where do the positive leads go, and where to do the negative leads go?

Sorry to be such a pain, just want to make sure that I understand what I'm doing before I mess somthing up.

Thanks again!
Rick

Bob, one more question.  It's regarding the transformer sheet you sent.

Input Taps |

Output Taps |

Attenuation(DB)

0-X

0-4

0-Y

0-4

0-5

0-4

0-X

0-3

0-Y

0-3

Exectra. So, what does that mean? How do I read this? Where do the positive leads go, and where to do the negative leads go?

Sorry to be such a pain, just want to make sure that I understand what I'm doing before I mess somthing up.

Thanks again!

Rick

OK, looking at the chart, suppose we want 5 db attenuation. The input would be at 0 (negative) and Y (positive). Output would be at 0 (negative) and 3 (positive).

Bob

Bob, one more question. It's regarding the transformer sheet you sent.

Input Taps |

Output Taps |

Attenuation(DB)

0-X

0-4

0-Y

0-4

0-5

0-4

0-X

0-3

0-Y

0-3

Thanks again!

Rick

OK, looking at the chart, suppose we want 5 db attenuation. The input would be at 0 (negative) and Y (positive). Output would be at 0 (negative) and 3 (positive). Bob

So, just to be sure then, if we had an Attenuation of say 3

Input would be Post 0(Neg), Post 5(pos)

Output would be Post 0(neg), Post 4(pos)

Thanks, I have a diagram, it's just that i replaced electrical symbols actual images of parts off Parts Express's website and put that into a Visio file, which i then converted to a .JPG. I just lost both the JPG and Visio file.