Jay481985

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why did you make a thread about it? You just acuse random people of being dishonest?

Audiogon is one of the most respected and trusted sites on the internet.

I have purchased many things from audiogon and it has always been a pleasure for me. Obviously you havent bothered to do the same.

Why did you make a thread about it? You just acuse random people of being dishonest?

Audiogon is one of the most respected and trusted sites on the internet.

I have purchased many things from audiogon and it has always been a pleasure for me. Obviously you havent bothered to do the same.

Look I wanted verification.... I mean if the seller had enough information to post that it had DeanG's crossover then they would have known it is Maple not Birch. Also there are no pictures.

Its terminology.

Did you know that most people call RB5's that are in Mahogany - Cherry.

Does that mean we need you to start a new thread, because they didnt use the actual word for it and accuse them of being dishonest and lying about their whole add?

Listen I wanted verification (hopefully from DeanG himself) and now you are blowing shit out. Look There were no Mahogany RB5 It was called Cherry. Saying Maple is Birch is a very dishonest way because Maple though considered a soft wood is much stronger than birch which is a very soft wood.

LOL, you guys are too much.:)

FWIW, the original RB-5 came in Mahogony, and when the RB-5II came out they dropped Mahogony and went to Cherry.

I'm at work and so I can't see the audiogon ad (blocked at the firewall like eBay). I'll check it out later.

I admit they are different trees but somehow I dont think the seller was referring to the actual tree but more to the commonly used expression:

I have birch flooring

I have oak flooring

I have maple speakers.

Its linguo, which you seem to know very little about. It really bothers me that you accuse someone so needlessly and pointlessly. If you cared about the integrity of the seller and those of who could potentially be burned by him, you would have emailed him REQUESTING pictures (he said he would send pictures upon request).

You care neither about us, nor about him.

Check it out Jay,

OAK FLOORING (Notice it looks almost like Maple and a lot like Birch).

If you stopped at a local wood supplier and look at the wood closer, Oak has quite a grain. Maple does not have quite the grain, its more whiter and has very little grain. Birch is somewhat the same but is not.