Still the power supply-The Indigo 640023 rev1 and resistor R25

didyman

It is burned and can't read colour code, rendering the powersupply unusable. Can anyone help me find its value? It is placed near the main transformer on the secondary side and acting as a coupler, in series with a 47uF capacitance, to the ground, from one lead of the transformer. Any else board revision could be fine for reference.

Thank You!

Oooouoh! :-) That also should be good! As i mentioned, any other modell should be fine for reference. In Your case, that resistor may be the same or maybe the half of what i need. I will then figure it out from its power handling capacity and some measurements, but without an existing value, i can not start.

Would You please read its value?

• 3 weeks later...

But anyway, i have to find a value, as i mentioned in my first post, any other version of the board would be fine.

R25 can be found on the left-lover side of the main transformer (where the flashlight made the panel a bit unreadable). Your version of PCB holds the same controlling scheme as far as i know, so your panel also have a resistor coupling one of the legs of the transformer to the ground. That resistor is what i need. Please, do a search for it for me! Don't care about "R25" (as it changes over the versions of the panel), just look the legs of the transformer. One leg on the secunder side will be left almost alone, without routed any else than a single resistor and the other leg of the resistor will be routed to power ground.

Okay,

I've looked and this is what I found - I checked every leg of the secondary of the transformer starting from pin 9:

Pin 9 connected to a diode which is connected to R27 (820 Ohms 1/2 watt 1%) which is connected to ground. This could be the one since it has two small electrolytic capacitors near by - very similar to what you have.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Didyman,

I have exactly the same board revisions than you have ( ProMedia 4.1 ), and my amp just gives muffled sound, even when all volume knobs are at max.

The Power supply's R25 seems to run hot, as the PCB is clearly heated around, but not burned.

The resistor colors are Brown, black, ??, Silver?, Brown.

I am guessing that the resistor is 10 Ohm, 5%, as it measures 9.6 Ohm with multimeter.

Typically the resistors burn 'broken', when multimeter would show 'disconnected'.

So, I'm assuming that the resistor is still good, but beaten.

The same PCB has 6 Electrolyte capacitors, and four of them have gone bad, as I used multimeter to measure the capacitance, which is way less than what they suppose to be.

The caps are: (notice the high temp grading)

- C19 & C20 : 470uF 200v 85'C

- C12 & C13 : 47uF 50v 85'C

- C6 : 2200uF 63v 105'C

- C7 : 22uF 63v 85'C

My plan:

1) Replace all electrolytes, as they tend to wear out, especially if in hot environment.

2) Replace the R25 with more higher power rating resistor.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey seems to be that this same board appears in many different BASH pc speakers, my (very old) Creative megaworks speakers seem to have the exact same Indigo 640023 rev1 board in it, It is a 220v (European model) however it seems other components have fried. If anyone can measure what component values are for R16, R17, C11 and D4. These seem to have fried on my board and need repacing however the data on the bill of materials for this board seems to be very hard to get my hands on!

here is a picture:

PCB.jpg

Thanks all!

-Sean

Arovuo, did you remove those components from the circuit before measuring? If not, you're measurents can be way off because you're measuring a lot of things besides the component you have the meter leads across. Sorry, you sound like you know what you're doing but I just thought I'd ask.

Didyman,

I have exactly the same board revisions than you have ( ProMedia 4.1 ), and my amp just gives muffled sound, even when all volume knobs are at max.

The Power supply's R25 seems to run hot, as the PCB is clearly heated around, but not burned.

The resistor colors are Brown, black, ??, Silver?, Brown.

I am guessing that the resistor is 10 Ohm, 5%, as it measures 9.6 Ohm with multimeter.

Typically the resistors burn 'broken', when multimeter would show 'disconnected'.

So, I'm assuming that the resistor is still good, but beaten.

The same PCB has 6 Electrolyte capacitors, and four of them have gone bad, as I used multimeter to measure the capacitance, which is way less than what they suppose to be.

The caps are: (notice the high temp grading)

- C19 & C20 : 470uF 200v 85'C

- C12 & C13 : 47uF 50v 85'C

- C6 : 2200uF 63v 105'C

- C7 : 22uF 63v 85'C

My plan:

1) Replace all electrolytes, as they tend to wear out, especially if in hot environment.

2) Replace the R25 with more higher power rating resistor.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...