Cars

m00n

Just got back from watching Cars. Absolutly loved it. The animation was beautyful, the script was clever and witty. I give it stars_2_50.gif

Furthermore, there is this little desert town that is similar to Radiator Springs. Desert setting at the base of some moutains here in Oregon like that. Makes me want to move there.

Can't wait until it's out on DVD. I can see me sneaking off at lunch sometime to go see it again. [:)]

My friend and I are car FREAKS - he saw it and absolutly loved it, both of us will see it in a few days, and I am sure I will like it.

Edmunds.com did a review from the POV of a car lover, and the verdict was GO SEE IT!

Also, seems to be more geared towards adults than kids - same way I feel about 'Over the Hedge'.

AutoWeek magazine devoted a good portion of one of it's weekly issues to 'Cars'. It was interesting the number of "trivial pursuit" type things they pointed out. Like the mountain range is actually the tail fins of Cadillacs arranged chronologically in model year order. It was also interesting to learn that the folks at PIXAR went to great lengths to make the movie "accurate" such as recording different engine versions of Hudson Hornet's instead of just using any 'ol engine sound. Anyhow, if you're interested, go here:

http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060609/FREE/306090001&SearchID=73247532066098

Tom