Chorus II crossovers

stormin

Do most folks just send off their original crossovers or do they keep their originals and buy replacements?

Of the folks that have had crossover upgrades to their chorus II's could you share your opinions please?

Thanks

You can go either way. Chris Munson builds the K-stack, which replaces the original networks. He builds them on his own high quality PCBs, with every part replaced with higher quality equivalents -- including the inductors and autoformers. My work on these speakers involves upgrading the quality of the capacitors and resistors using the original Klipsch networks in the speakers. Due to limited geography on the stock boards -- I don't change out the inductors. K-stack = A+ upgrade. My cap/resistor changeout = B+ upgrade. Going with Chris means you can keep your stock networks in case you ever sell the speakers, and then have the K-stack modded to accomodate your next set of Klipsch speakers. With these speakers, I inhabit the territory BEC holds with Heritage -- biggest bang for the buck.

Thanks Dean.

Have to give some thought of which way to go. Always like to get the biggest bang for the buck.

What is the normal turn around time for you reworking the networks?

Maybe some folks will chime in as to what impact each of the different upgrades have made with their setups.