iFi vs. JBL Creature II

Hey, I have the JBL Creature II speakers that I use with my PowerBook and very rarely, my iPod. I saw the iFi's for 150 at Costco and I think it is a pretty sweet deal, but my question is, do are they worth it when I already have alright speakers? Are they much better than the ones I've already got?

And like I said, they would mainly be used for computer speakers, rather than iPod speakers.

Also, does anyone know if the speakers with be replaced or updated soon? I see on the iFi page on the Klipsch site that they are "Currently Unavailable." If you know what this means, please let me know.

Thanks...

-Brad

Will they still sound good even though my music is ripped in AAC at 128 mbps.

I am certainly no audiophile and probably wouldn't notice much of a difference without comparing side by side to the CD, but I don't want them to sound bad because of the relatively low bitrate.

Thanks for the help...

-Brad

The encounter you pay all for the design and ugly looks. It has a boomy as hell subwoofer which cannot go deeper than my opinion 50 hertz...... The port is about half the volume of the subwoofer...... There is no replacement for displacement like the klipsch does.

The harman kardon sound sticks are good to gawk at a store but no where in my house please..... First they use the clear plastic that is not as acoustically good as the abs plastic. Second I do not believe they even have a dedicated tweeter...... Again you are paying for looks........ The iFi Subwoofer motor not the enclosure just the speaker weighs more than both systems.......

Okay, so how about the JBL Encounter 2.1 speakers and the Harman Kardon Sound Sticks, how do these two sets compare to the iFi?

Not even close. The Encounter has better bass then Sound Sticks, but the iFi is really a true 2.1 system with a 8" subwoofer that has true bass you can feel down to 27 hz and a midrange that neither soundsticks or encounter can touch. The iFi system can get much louder with lot less distortion than Encounter or SoundSticks systems. For $150 the iFi is a down right steal!

One more thing...

Are these much better than the ProMedia 2.1s? I see that I can get them for the same 150 dollars, and I just want to make sure that the iFi's don't have a higher retail just because of the iPod compatibility.

So will the iFi's sound a lot better than the PM 2.1s?

Thanks for all the help...

-Brad

One more thing...

Are these much better than the ProMedia 2.1s? I see that I can get them for the same 150 dollars, and I just want to make sure that the iFi's don't have a higher retail just because of the iPod compatibility.

-Brad

YES!!!

Also Yes to the questiong with apple lossless

And why did you pay 300 dollars for those headphones?

One more thing...

-Brad

This is like comparing a chevy to a BMW. The iFi is significantly better then Promedia 2.1 in construction, size, and audio qualities. The iPod compatatibility was the main selling point but these make one of the best 2.1 computer speaker systems out there! There is a line input on the back of the iFi for connecting to a computer, Klipsch ommitted the $3 mini-stereo cable in their kit.

haha i didn't by the 'phones, a friend of mine gave them to me as a present, and i couldn't return/exchange them for better phones (shure, etymotic, ultimate ears) because my parent's thought it would hurt my friend's family's feelings...ugh

so would the lossless even sound better on the bose?

btw, it i could get any headphones/buds...they would definitely be the ultimate ears ue10 pros....