Cornwall Clones?

Hello All:

I was given a pair of used speaker cabinets by a guy who wanted to get them out of the way.

They have a really nice finish in vgc. I would describe the finish as walnut.

These are cabinets only, no crossovers, drivers, etc. They have a mounting board cut out for a single speaker (presumably there were coaxials in them at one time)

Apparently they were going to somebody in Florida at one time but shipping was a hassle, etc.

Interestingly they are almost exactly the same dimensions as Cornwalls; an inch or so off in any one measurement.

I figure they have a volume of ~ 5.20 cubic feet.

As I have a pair of EV 12TRXB coaxial drivers langusihing in the garate I was thinking of using those drivers.

Interested to know if anyone here has ever had a similair situation: ie a Klipsch-clone cabinet and trying to decide how to populate them?

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Based on the close cabinet volume, Cornwall elements would be the most likely to work.

One important feature in the Cornwall is the shelf type port. You might still have a pleasing result without it, but I would be no help there.

One possible solution would be to calculate the needed port dimensions and use a tube type port to vent the cab. This could be done allowing for the exact dimensions of your cabs for the proper tuning. Sounds like a fun project.

Hope you can post your results with pics.