best week ever

MyGoesTo11

On thursday i bought a set of 5.1 rsx-3 rcx-3's for $168,and today I went to Best Buy and got a Denon AVR-2805 for $250 Mmmmaaahahaha.They were doing very poorly on sales this month and decided to get rid of older receivers for dirt cheap.The only thing I got with the unit was a power cord and remote,no manual,the question is does the setup mic have to be a Denon?

Just spent some time on Denon site reading the manual trying to setup two 6ohm sharp speakers just to get some sound and nothing..I get sound when in test mode FL/FR but thats it.The remote I got is for a avr-2106 ,its different enough to where I can't follow setup,how can I get some tunes? (schould this be in a different forum?)

Are you trying to get sound using the tuner, or through a CD/DVD player? Do you have the speaker selector (A/B) on the front panel set to the same set of speaker binding posts on the rear of unit? If trying through the tuner, do you have a antenna connected? That may be all you can do from the face of the receiver, and may need to locate the proper remote to get into the menu. I would think the 2106 remote would be similar enough to at least get into the setup menu.

Just got my remote and setup mic,got the $2.00 6ohm sharps going with my old GMX 6.5" sub and it sounds good.I'm glad I passed on the Panasonic XR57,the Denon has more options ,modes to play with and after setting it up with the mic,I realized that it's more fun just to play with the settings(every othes song) can't wait for the rsx's