Old and New

JCW1969

If anyone could advise me...I own a pair of KG-2's and just recently bought a RC-3 center speaker for my apt. For rear's I am using an old pair of AR-7 bookshelf speakers with new cones. These are all being powered by a Pioneer Elite VSX 36-TX receiver. My question is - would updating the rears with new bookshelf speakers make the listening experience better? I haven't set the system up yet because I just moved and bought a new TV.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Are you going mostly for Home Theater or surround music? Klipsch's WDST design speakers (the RS-3, SS-1, etc...) are great for that diffuse sound you want for theater. OTOH, if music is more your bag, maybe a pair of KG1.2s for the rear. You can find them on Ebay from time to time. I think you would have a more similar sound all around with all Klipsch than with a mix of brands.

Take a look at your speakers in the Home Audio/Classic section of the web site and see what surrounds the Klisch folks recommend.

Doug

This message has been edited by dougdrake2 on 11-11-2001 at 10:44 AM