IFi sounds recessed in High Department!

jlingo

After I have been listening to my IFi for a month with Default EQ as well as Treble Booster, I decided to leave the treble booster on.

I find with treble booster, IFi sounded better with sparkling, airy, refreshing, better soundstage and not stuffy and boring like default EQ. I don't have sibilance problem with Treble Booster on.

I thought I would like to express my opinion.

That's the same conclusion one reviewer wrote - the highs are not all they can be. After an month they should be burned in and if you're not satisfied with the basic sound by all means tweak it.

I picked up a pair of RSX4's on Audiogon and found that they made an improvement in my setup with the iFi sub. That is another way to go but it involves more $$. I have a spare pair of RSX5's too but they are a very different creature from the modified RSX3's the iFi uses and probably won't create the synergy with it as well as the RSX4 does.

If your use of EQ makes you happy then rock on.

In terms of the high, it really depends on the type of music and quality you are listening to. If Rock, R&B, they may give fatigue to your ears. But if you are listening to high quality recording, Jazz, Blues, it's beautiful and detailed.

In terms of the high, it really depends on the type of music and quality you are listening to. If Rock, R&B, they may give fatigue to your ears. But if you are listening to high quality recording, Jazz, Blues, it's beautiful and detailed.

Hmmmm....I wasn't aware that high quality recording was not applicable to Rock and R&B.

Jazz , and Blues usually don't have over-powering bass, so high's would be more apparient.

Folks this is no different then the typical user who utilizes the loudness function on his stereo to accent bass and treble. If it sounds right for you, then it is right for you!