KLIPSCH KP-360 good for home use?

MADASHELLESTES

Uh oh,hmmm NOPE

These stage speakers love good powerful SS amps.They are designed to sound good when the watts are pumping.

And you dont want this at home,or you may end up with internal bleeding.

cwm3.gif

I know an audio extremist who uses Cerwin Vega pro gear(stage gear!) in a room! Live for sure,driven by about 30 kilowatts of SS muscle! Again cwm3.gifcwm8.gifcwm3.gif

TheEAR(s) Now theears

They could be, though I can't find any info on a KP-360. The KP series in general should make excellent home speakers. The speakers are sensitive and have good specs, the drivers are probably better than any available in the current Klipsch home line. Scads of people are using Altec, JBL and TAD pro drivers with low-powered tube amps, I'm driving JBL 2427s with 8 watt tube monoblocks, the 2427 is a titanium diaphragm compression driver with a sensitivity of 110db 1w1m and is perfect with low power tube amps, I presume the drivers in the KPs are similar. Mind that some of the finest home horns ever made were simply Altec and JBL pro drivers in furniture style cabinets instead of utility cabinets. Good prosound speakers are simply an outgrowth, often with no substantial changes or even any at all, of motion picture theater speakers developed in the 1930s at WE and MGM, speakers designed to fill large auditoriums when driven by low power tube amps.