thanks klipsch!

crazyhorse_aba

I have had my home theater set up for a couple weeks now and am just blown away everytime i listen to it. No more cheap htib's for me its only going to get bigger and better from here. One thing extra that came with the system thats not advertised is the snickering you do when you hear someone talk about how good b*se or other htib's are.

Same here.... I think I have about 50-60 hours on the speakers now. I'm spending less, and less time listening to the Promedias and more time listening to my modified RF-82 system.

One thing that I would like to provide in the way of feedback is the overall tone, timbre, and quality of sound of the system between the time that it was initially fired up to the present. I know that there is a great deal of debate here and elsewhere on whether or not speakers need a "break in" period or not. A debate is also taking place on the average length of break in. Some will say that it is actually our ears that do the readjustment, not the speakers themselves per say.

With that in mind, I can say without any reservation that IMO, an actual break in does actually take place. When I first installed and fired up my speakers, they produced a sound that was flat and restrained in quality. I actually had to add a good amount of bass and treble to be able to get an acceptable tone and timbre out of them. But they still sort of projected a restrained sound. Two weeks later, the tone and timbre of the speakers have definitely changed quite a bit, and I am fairly certain that it is the speakers, not my ears that is doing the change. The quality of the sound is fuller and more rounded for lack of better words. There was a quality of harshness at the treble at the beginning that is definitely no longer there. And the mids and lower frequencies have gained an openness in them that was not there either at the beginning. I have backed off considerably from both treble and bass. I've had the opportunity to talk to some folks that own Klipsch, and almost all of them agree that an actual break in period of about 100 hours of use make a world of difference with most full range Klipsch speakers, (as opposed to about 40-50hrs on a set of Promedias).

Man... I love the sound coming out of my system. I look forward every day to getting home just so I can fire up the ol amp and cd player.

I want upgrade already just after two weeks now, can see a thx ultra 2 system in the future. Started with a respectable system but left myself plenty of room for improvement.

mains: rb-81's

center: rc-62

rears: rs-52's

sub: rsw-12

also have a denon 3806 receiver and 1920 dvd player.

Nope. I'm not going to get into hardware details as this is not a forum

for PCs, but its home built and is very hot b/c of the hardware. Also,

I'm not sure the standby or hibernate work very well, I've hibernated

it once and it seemed to stutter "waking back up".

Holy Smokes -- I need to retract my previous post about going overboard with the THX. Turns out I had no idea what I was doing and a friend came over and set me up -- the system is bad@ss...

That's better, there is no such thing as overboard, just headroom!