Some Stuff For Sale

6foot8

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pix would be great, I'd trust Mike's judgement, but they would make me feel better. And just in case something should happen in transit, we'd have the 'before' proof.

Thanks guys, and Mike Lindsay- wow- thanks for stepping right up to help with the pickup and shipping. That you took extra time out of your day to discuss your turntable purchase experiences and send me those links meant a lot. Now I'm getting the fever! But no hurry on the shipping. I'd rather you take your time to package as you described. I have working unit for now.

Michael

Pix would be great, I'd trust Mike's judgement, but they would make me feel better. And just in case something should happen in transit, we'd have the 'before' proof.

Thanks guys, and Mike Lindsay- wow- thanks for stepping right up to help with the pickup and shipping. That you took extra time out of your day to discuss your turntable purchase experiences and send me those links meant a lot. Now I'm getting the fever! But no hurry on the shipping. I'd rather you take your time to package as you described. I have working unit for now.

Michael

My pleasure... I know you have done the same for other Forum members. BTW, it looks like I have plenty of styrofoam as my sister bought a dresser today, so it's just a matter of getting the boxes. I'm sure the smaller box is taken care of since Eric already has it in a box, so now I just need to find the larger box to double-box it with.

Mike

Eric, I just made the payment via Paypal. You should be getting an email notificaton of this and if you check your paypal account it should be noted. Thanks for the Turntable and thanks again to Mike L. for helping with the transaction. Mike, my shipping address is the signature line on all my emails to you.

Now I'll have to have Scott over to help with the setup and tell me all he knows about turntables!

Michael

Michael,

Congratulations man, I love the TD125. Great move. It is a very heavy, well built turntable. One of the best bang for the buck belt drive turntables I've ever seen. Great heavy platter, simple bearing, heavy metal cast platen. Runs quiet as a mouse. The springs are easily adjustable just in case the suspension is a bit off. The speed can be dialed in perfect very easily. Cool strobe light. And unlike the Thorens 160 family, these will take a pretty good bounce on the floor without skipping.

I think most of the manuals are available at theanalogdept.com but if not, I've got copies. Setup should be pretty easy. I'll be happy to help anyway I can. Good thing is, it sounds like it hasn't been beat on at all. So you likely won't have much to do.

"Musical" is the way these kind of turntables are often described. I like that description. They so much fun to listen too.

Mike,

Call me in the morning to set up the meeting. I should be in the ofice by 6am. If it is not too much trouble could you swing by my office for the hand off either on the way down or the return trip. I won't be able to leave the office tomorrow until 3-3:30...maybe later. I am expecting an emergency in the afternoon. I work just off John Young right by the SR528 exit. If not then I'll just take a late lunch and meet you somewhere in between.

My numbers again

Cell 352-223-5249

Work 407-248-4150

Thanks,

Eric

Oh, and Eric, please have your wife sign on here. The gang might be interested in what 'hand-me-down' speakers she acquired when you got the Jubilee setups! I enjoyed our chat.

M

Thanks Michael,

I hope you enjoy many years with the Thorens.

Thanks Eric and Mike for making this happen.

Thanks for chiming in Scott. I still feel a bit odd about the purchase, I just dont know much about turntables. This is my first non-speaker purchase on this Forum.

Do you want to pay a visit when it comes in and teach me all about it?

Lunch is on me man!

And I like musical- its the best way to describe a piece of equipment.

M

Eric, Doc has a nice'how to' instruction sheet with diagrams but I can't find it right now.

Type your text first, then go up above to the OPTIONS tab, ADD/CHANGE, then BROWSE your folders and click on the image you want to post. Then click POST or ADD, then a second screen comes up POST or ADD that and in a few secs your photo is up for all to see.

I played some LP's last night in preparation for the big day. I hope I don't miss the auto-return too much with the Thorens. What happens if you fall asleep while listening?

Michael

Eric, Doc has a nice'how to' instruction sheet with diagrams but I can't find it right now.

Type your text first, then go up above to the OPTIONS tab, ADD/CHANGE, then BROWSE your folders and click on the image you want to post. Then click POST or ADD, then a second screen comes up POST or ADD that and in a few secs your photo is up for all to see.

I played some LP's last night in preparation for the big day. I hope I don't miss the auto-return too much with the Thorens. What happens if you fall asleep while listening?

Michael

Don't fall asleep Michael...did you get my message about the incorrect email address on the payment?