Dve disk and dlp display

TIbor

How accurate is the color calibration disc with a dlp display. The reason I ask is becasue the discs says somewher that it is based on a crt display. Also On a different note, my ears tell me that tone defeat function sounds better off. For tv viewing it soounds better with the control of treble and bass, I know that people say that by never the tone defeat on. you hear the dialogue or sound track as it was intended to be heard. Or does this only apply to dvds

Thanks

I'll take a stab here.

I used the Avia disc to calibrate my dlp projector and it made a huge difference...go fo it

You always hear its tabboo to adjust your tone controls. Well if you are just listening to redbook cds and you like the sound better by adjusting your tone controls then that is what counts. Don't worry about what others think. Now that I have said that its real easy to get use to this and there may be a point where you are mudding the sound without realizing it so be careful.

As far as DVD's are concerned if you are using the Dolby Digital or DTS tracks I would keep the tone controls flat and adjust the sub only. DD and DTS are pretty well calibrated and does not need much in the way of tone adjustments. I would get a sound pressure meter and calibrate your speakers to the room. This will make a huge difference for you.

Good luck!

Scooter

Tlbor,

Scooterdog has given some great advice and Fgarib has an extensive review of his use of Avia which I can only second. As an additional thought, you may want to look into Spyder TV (one of several software devices which use a clip or stick on sensor) to tweak your picture, look around as several places will have it on sale for a reasonable price from time to time. It's not a replacement for a professional calibration, but it's about 1/3 the price and reusable.

Best of Luck!

I have used the sound meter. And alreadly adjusted the output to each speaker. Although The rear center never seems loud enough though. Like I mentioned it usually is only dd ex playing just a matrixed signal I think that has something to do with it. I will pop in gladitor and see how that sounds from the rc since that is 6.1. As far as the avia disc, it seems outdated when reading the description for it since it only supports 5.1 for tone noise adjustments. As where the dve disc is 6.1. I thought the dve disc was newer.

Thanks