RF-83, La Scala II or Jubilee?

Christina

Im looking to build a system for both music and home theater. I have a large room (20W x 30L) that I use for home theater and 2-channel music listening, but cant use a Klipschorn corner speaker.

If budget permits for any of the following, would the RF-83, La Scala II or Jubilee be the best choice? The only problem with the Jubilee seems to be the total weight for each speaker with all three sections is 500 LBS, correct? Im having difficult time finding information on the Jubilee total height, weight and retail cost. Any suggestions?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

False corners for Khorns out of the question? I like the Heritage Line, that is a personal observation, and doesn't rank one speaker line over the other.................if size is no problem, and those are the 3 choices, La Scala gets my vote......................Jubilee is probably cost prohibited right now..................All choices are Klipsch, how can you go wrong???.............

note the rf-83 is a bit out of the league in price ranking. The LaScalas are 5400 new, the Jubilee is around 6000, the RF-83 is around 2000 (ok I got them at 1600) but the price range is substancial, though the quality is not that far off. Of course the Jubilee will probably win hands down but the rf-83 can go deeper than the lascalas 54 hertz limited depth (rf-83 is down to 29 hertz). It all goes down to what you want really though..... The 20X30 feet room should be no problem for any of the speakers, the lascalas may need a subwoofer though.

I have pictures posted of the rf-83 if you want to take a better look?

Jay481985,

Have you heard the RF-83, La Scalas and Jubilees? I would like to know if the RF-83 are far behind the La Scalas and Jubilees in midrange detail.

I was one of the first people to own them but I never heard the Jubilee nor LaScalas. Well probably LaScalas but did not know I was listening to them.

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/4/711312/ShowThread.aspx

Jay481985

Aren't you in NJ?

I am on staten island.

Here, let me crank up my LaScala's so you can here them.

Seriously, if you want to borrow a set in the short term, I can probally arrange.

Jay481985

Yes I can hear the fr-83's, better turn them down, SI cops are on there way.

I have 4 pairs of LaScala's. 2 pairs are not in use at all.

In terms of no compromise sound, Jubilee is the choice, hands down, IMO.

As mentioned above, Coytee is ordering a two way Jubilee, which should be very nice.

If cosmetics and good looks are a consideration, the Jubilee will look somewhat rustic unless you work a special order for a veneer front. The HF horn is not a beauty in any way. It just has that utilitarian theatre/pro sound look.

The LaScalas, which would be about the same price, I think, are beauties. Also, if one likes the slender understated look of the RF-83, this is no slouch in sound.

Have fun getting your HT together. You've got some very good choices on your menu.

Jay481985

are you the colter of lascalas [:P]

and I would be interested in hearing them but at 125 pounds each omg!!! I doubt they would fit into my compact sedan also....

Christina,

I have owned a pair of 3-way Jubilees for almost a year now and love them. They are sitting in a room about the same size as yours and are driven with 3 studio series BGW SS power amps. I have owned every other Klipsch Heritage speaker except the cornwall over the years and these Jubilees are without a doubt the most dynamic and realistic set up I have ever owned. The 3-way set up eclipsed the $7k mark but they "are all that."

Now you're going to hear alot of gum flapping about tubes vs SS, digital vs analog and alot of other BS around here. Thing to do is take your time and decide for yourself what combinations sound best to you. Truth is by the time you arrive at this point you are so far along the point of diminishing returns that huge amounts of money are required to make appreciable improvements with many types of upgrades (this tone arm vs that tone arm, this amp or that one..blah blah blah). Those arguments have become repetitive and of little value. That's why I suggest doing some independent research and listening for yourself. With my set up after a year with these I have just now started adding acoustical treatments and making very small adjustments to equalization, time delay and cross over settings. It took me some time to make sure that what I was doing would improve the sound rather than just change it.

Good luck either way you make a great choice.

Jay481985

are you the colter of lascalas [:P]

and I would be interested in hearing them but at 125 pounds each omg!!! I doubt they would fit into my compact sedan also....

Yeah, I only have 3 pair of them! 2 sets are the garage LSI's.

Tuned4Life is your true LS junkie! Or Indy, who has surrounded himself with SEVEN of the mighty beasts!

M