Turning bookcase speakers on their side??

ChuckD

I'm looking at using a pair of RB 75's as my mains. My question is whether it's acceptable to turn them on their sides, or is that something that's not acoustically correct? By the way, I'd be matching them with a RC 7 as well as RS 7's. Or, to be honest, that's the direction I'm going in at this moment. Thanks!!!

I think you should do that without worry. You should experiment.

There are technical reasons why the tweeter should be above the woofer, and in a perfect acoustic setting, opimized for response. It would make anyone think that the performance is going to go to heck by flipping them over 90 degrees. Not so.

The problem is that we've got real world issues of what can be fit were and in what orientation.

By way of example, I just bought an HD TV. I put one of Quartets over on the side to serve as a stand and main speaker. It sounds very good.

There are a lot of "perfect" set ups described in the literature or on the web. What is not described is the very good results which can be obtained by what we can fit into our rooms.

Gil

s