Those who have fixed or repaired their 4.1s

Hello Everybody,

Although its sad to know that Klipsch no longer fixes the problems on the 4.1s. However, I have also noticed that people have been able to fix broken systems either on their own or got them repaired through a local electronic store.

I was wondering, wouldnt it be great to have a place where one could find all the repair info and FAQ ( problems like the R12, R26 and Z1 diode failyre etc ) that one needs incase anyone of us or some fellow klipsch fan has some trouble.

I know that this information is present within old threads. I would try to find it and try to make a helpful document.

I would also appreciate if anyone of you can share your experiences on how you solved your problems, any schematics, any pictures, any information of where to get the parts etc. Basically anything that can be of use for someone in the future.

Enjoy Klipsch

• 2 weeks later...

I recently busted the control pad jack for the 9-pin DIN input on the subwoofer. I might be able to solder in a new one if I only knew the color scheme on the wires. Anyone have any info about this?

I guess I am in the market to either sell my 4.1's for cheap or buy a new control pod. I'd pay $30 for the control pod or repair or sell the speakers/subwoofer for $100 or parts for the best offer - I can't seem to find any retail shops selling these parts, but if this doesn't work out I'll have to resort to Ebay.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just got this. Mabe it will help.

Looking at the end of the male 8 pin din plug. From the indent at 12 o'clock, going clockwise it is 8 - 7 - 6 - 5 - 3 - 2 - 1 - (4 is the center pin)

1. BRN (Sub) 2. BLU (RL) 3. GRN (RR) 4. RED (FR) 5. ORN (FL) 6. YEL/BLK (-V) 7. BLK (GND) 8. YEL (+V)