Scratching in left channel. . .ugh

BCompDude

I just recently noticed scratching/hissing on the left side of my speaker set (PM 4.1). I already returned one set so I was quite disgusted. I could hear it a lot when I played music through Windows Media Player so I decided that before I took my set back for a refund that I try to "troubleshoot" the problem. I checked the wires and audio card settings. . .still the hissing. I tried everything I could think of and reread this board for suggestions and couldn't fix it. I then DL'ed Real Jukebox figurings WMP could be the culprit. . .what can I say, I was desperate. And low and behold the hissing stopped!!! WTF is up with WMP?? Anyone else have this problem?

BCompDude, the exact same thing is happening to me, and this is my fourth set. the previous three i returned because their subwoofers all overheated.

but i also have that unexplicable hiss on the left front and left rear speakers that wasn't there before. I'm returning my set on thursday or friday for a full refund.

• 3 weeks later...

there is a completly simple fix to the hissing problem my speakers did the same thing i thought i was gonna have to return them but all you got to do is go to start --> programs (all programs on xp) ---> accessories --> enterainment ---> volume control and turn the main volume down to about the 4th bar and then you can turn the pod volume up as much as you want and the hissing is gone you can even use surround its an easy fix but of course you cant get them as loud as they can go but hell you dont need them that loud lol you still get plenty of ludness like this set up also try turning the wave volume down slightly also

hey doug. that only works if the sound card is the culprit, not when it is the amp. but, maybe this is hte case Smile.gif

WMP is Windows Media Player... it sucks Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150