Naim Amps - good for 2-ch and home theater?

GeorgeC

Ray, you crack me up. I read the message before I saw who it was, and I thought, oh, no, maybe I offended someone who really thought that. Thanks for all the advice you've given me, Ray, it's great fun getting feedback from you.

When I talked to Ray the other day and told him I liked the Naim better than the Acurus, he said "Duh" too, pretty much like theears, pointing out that it was a much higher end amp. I got the Naits used, so I didn't realize how much they're worth new, but they are really awesome amps. I enjoy every minute of music now, and hope to be doing so with home theater, too, soon.

Dr. Pyro, I talked to the Naim dealer, who said that I could mix the Nait 2s and NAP 140s, although he did recommend 4 140s better (I'd have to sell the two Nait 2s I have for that). The Nait 2s are integrated amps, the NAP 140s just amps, and they're a little beefier (not that the Naits seem to lack anything). They did recommend that I get NAPs from about the same time period for best matching, so I'll have to be aware of that. I imagine, Dr.Pyro, that the 150s must be amazing.

theears, I saw all the Moons at the SimAudio web site, boy they look great. That Titan made me drool. I'll start saving.

For now, I'm really looking forward to four of the little Naim boxes. Thanks, all, for your help.