More KSW15 questions if you please

BigBusa

I have been trying a few different things with my ksw15 as far as placement, Y cable or single cable to LFE, 0 or 180 phase, and X-over points go. When I think of just the possibilities of the X-over points between my reciever and sub it makes my head spin.

1) The phase control is supposed to be set at either 0 or 180 to acoustically match my front speakers (cornwalls). I do not hear a difference at either setting. Suggestions?

2) The sub seems louder/bassier when I'm in ANOTHER room of the apt. The sub isn't as loud in the HT room. Is this a placement issue?

3) Does the port have to point at the wall?

------------------

My system thus far:

1980 Cornwalls (mains)

1990 Heresy II's (rears)

2001 KLF-C7 (center)

2001 KSW15 (Subwoofer)

HK AVR 510 (reciever - Going back soon!)

Kenwood DV402 (DVD)

Sony KV 27V55 (9 year old 27" TV)

Albany.gif

If your speakers are set to "small" set the crossover on the KSW15 to max.The reciever will take care of the cut at 80Hz.

If your speakers work full range then its another story,in this case you test the speakers low freq. capabilities with a test CD.Say they are capable down to 50Hz.Then you cut the sub around 50Hz.

1) Here again pop in a CD with bass around 60Hz(test tones on repeat)and listen to your speakers alone.Now with the sub phase at 0.Now turn the phase to 180.You will hear more bass in one position,leave in that position.Then compensate with the gain in your reciever's menu.

2)Yes this depends where the subwoofer is placed,repoition the sub and listen again.I am quite sure you can find a better spot.Trial and error here,or try placing the sub where you will sit and then play a bassy CD and wlak around the room,put the sub where you hear clean and LOUD bass.

3)Yes the port should face the wall,a bit more output this way.Its not a must.

Hope this helps

TheEAR(s) Now theears