New Yamaha Receivers

ARPRINCE

I'm not buying nothing until they get this HDTV all situated. I have an RXV2400 with no provision for any HDTV switching whatsoever. And it's only two years old.

Trust me, if the industry had its' way, we'd all be upgrading every two years.

Wait for it...

M

Well it doesn't look like he's getting the receiver for the HDTV capability [;)]

But for what it's worth, I was under the impression that HDMI and DVI were the same except for the addition of an audio signal along the HDMI line...so all you need is a simple adaptor plug to change the connection and you lose the audio which isn't an issue because you can send it on its own line. (though who sends audio to their TV's anyway?)

I'm still trying to get a full understanding of the video market, so it's possible that I might be mistaken. Can't believe everything you read [;)]

Enough of the HD TV bull, how about word on the HD audio side of the picture.

It seems that everyone has forgotten that the HD-DVD and Blue-Ray discs contain new HD audio formats however where are these new receivers capable of decoding these tracks?

In my opion this entire "HD" venture is a massive waste of time, energy and resources. I am greatful that the audio world has a standard for HD content depsite the video/disc format war. However I will not purchase any "HD" item save for a TV (great for 360 gaming [;)] ) until there is true interoperability with ALL aspects of the HT experience.

Joe

I just got in my McIntosh MX 134. Plugged it all in last night. Sound is wonderful.

Alas, it doesn't have HDMI on it. But my HDTV came out just before HDMI anyway. My picture looks great to me on component video for now.

I too am going to wait for the PS3, which will have Blue Ray on it. And, they say that down the line the 360 can be modded to be able to support HD DVD. I will try them for the video signal and see.

Of course, my tv won't ye support it anyway. Getting tired of being a brand new adapter only to have my gear be outdone, for less money, in 6 months or so.

So, for now, i'm gonna sit back and enjoy my first Mac experience and keep watchin with the component inputs for now.

Currently content and tired of the continuously changing format and input battle,

Paul