Need help on RF-7 setup

joe_timmons

Hola All,

I am the proud owner of well one RF-7 right now. (the other one came damaged and is now on its way back to SoundDistributors.com) My question is what would be the best amp for my money to drive these along with a RC-7 that I am picking up next week? I want to spend less than a grand for an amp that I will be proud of......

Here is my current setup

65907 Mits HDTV

RCA DTC 100 Directv

RF-7s for L/R

RC-7 for center

Sony DE-915 Reciever (Dolby Dig)

Compaq deskpro EN with 802.11b (for mp3's)

Microsoft XBOX

no rears (I am in a apartment doh!)

no sub (again I do not want evicted)

Joe,

Congratulations

Great speakers,I think you will enjoy what these speaker bring to your system.And the RC-7 is a superb center channel,perfect match for the RF-7. Smile.gif

If you want a great amp(poweramp)to power the RF-7 I would recomend a smooth sounding amp(you will use the Sony reciever as pre/pro,right?).

If you can find a used Celeste 4070 or 4150 you would no doubt be set for years.

Or you can get a brand new Outlaw 5 channel power amp for $1099.Outlaw sells them direct.So $1099 is 1099 no lower then that.Very good power amp,to power all your speakers.(yeah I know its not UNDER a grand,close no)

That is about it,lets see what other on this BB recomend.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

The Ears' recommendations are great as always, but I thought I'd throw in another one. I recently bought the Marantz MM9000 5x150watts amplifier for my KLF 20s,KLF C7, RS-7s and it sounds great. It was a huge step up from my receiver. You can get a factory refurbished one (with one year warranty) for $699.00 at www.accessories4less.com . Mine was not even refurbished. It was "used" as a Marantz demo in a show but was as good as new. Other than this, for the price, it is very hard to beat the Outlaw 750 which was what I originally was going to purchase. Hope this helps.