Most recent project...

Clarence

I built a workshop downstairs for my "speaker lab" these Advent speakers just went through the works. Tweeters, woofer refoams, and a thourogh clean up. The sound is phenominal. They replaced the infamous insignias as my shop speakers. I am redoing a polk sub tomorrow. The amp you see is a Luxman "brid" with a tube front end. sounds like poo.[:|]

post-21157-13819307491606_thumb.jpg

Do you really like the Advents? Boy, they were big around here in the Mid 70's, every shop was pushing Advents..............I never liked them, but that's just me, many guys had them and loved them...........what do I know? Lots of Stereo Stores back then, hard to find one now, Advents, KLH, Avid , Bozak, almost like Speaker Wars back then, cheap back then, too............Big Advents, $200. per pair, not today..................Carry On, old Prince of Blackness...............Keep busy and stay on track................Miss New York?........

Who I did the refoam. It was pretty easy, actually. I have another pair of advents to do, I will take before, during and after pics. The hardest part was keeping the glue at the right volume, and getting the old glue off the basket. the cones were in great shape, as well as the dust caps. The one in the picture turned out better from an asthetics standpoint, but they both sound unreal. You wouldent belive the "fried egg" tweeter. It sounds so crisp, and has a huge response curve.

I didnt have a camera when I started these, but they were in pretty rough shape.

Sweet job Clarence, Advent largers were the first set of real speakers I bought myself new in 1977.

Sorry to hear you did not like these speakers Rob as they were and still are one of my favorite 2 way speakers ever (not counting the Jubs in this)!

Drove mine with a Pioneeer SX-1050 and they could eat the whole thing up but Acoustic enclosed speakers can really take the juice. I eventually added a pair of JBL L-36's to this setuop before returning stateside.

Looks like a good setup to work by[;)]