Free Energy???

Jay481985

HOLY COW!!!!

I was OK until I read that.....thesis.....

I'm now sitting on the edge of my chair depressed with a loaded 45 pointed at my head....

THERE'S NO HOPE!!!!

umm, just kidding....

Out of that entire disertation, I agree with many points. Most business models do not allow for complete re-invention of their product manufacturing/delivery due to capital expenditure restraints which greatly limit return to investors. Many corporations live by the quartely report to wall street. Many of those same companies ultimatly fail due to short term vision. Short term in this case could be measerued in decades.

Another point you made was produce a car that will sell. Unfortunantly electric is not sexy. Gas VOOM VOOM is and we the consumer wants, as a whole. As consumers we can and do dictate what a company will produce.

OCD Phil

Ah electric cars, if batteries were not so damn expensive and heavy..... And could hold a charge longer. remember guys, the first true non horsebased carriage "car" was actually run by an electric motor and battery. Also 1rpm or 10000rpm, you still have the same amount of torque, hence the fact that you get outrageous 0-60 times.

Mas, I agree with hyrdogen. It is not viable and you by having compressed hydrogen now are a very powerful bomb that can errupt when hit alot easier than gasoline cars. Heck some indy, F1, and lemans cars have rubber gastanks that can take 240 mph crashes and not rupture. The compressed hydrogen will literally incinerate you. Also if you had it in homes, and something went wrong, instead of going on fire slowly you will see a fireball. Hydrogen also needs to be compressed to work which does take the efficency down alot since compression is expensiver comparatively and you now need containers that can handle pressure. Also fuelcells are basically the oil companies' little bone they throw to consumers to make them think they are doing something. Fuelcells are not really the hydrolysis method as you need alot of energy to break the water molecules and then you need to compress and store the bomb. Nasa fuels the spaceship only a day prior and needs to vent the stupid gas or the tank will rupture. In essence, you will lose your "gas" just to prevent a pressure buildup normally. Hot weather expect it to dissappear when you come back. Ever see those liquid nitrogen trucks? where there is steam rising from the back, nope that is not steam but the venting.

Oilcompanies put the idea of fuelcells using guess what guys? oil based products. As it is easier to "strip" hydrogen from oil based products and then burn the hydrogen to get a cleaner fuel. Yet most methods using platinum based catalysts do produce a higher amount of CO or carbon monoxide and nitrous oxidies which is defeats the very reason why we wanted to use fuelcells. Hydrogen is for nasa, the only reason they use it is due to being the most energy per mass. Mass is critical to get out of orbit and defeat gravity. Here on earth, we do not need "space age" technology as I doubt we will every try and get into orbit with our automobiles..... well maybe if we used compressed hydrogen and got into a car accident......

The central issue about energy is how it is distributed. Ideally, one would like the primary to be distributed from the beginning - like solar - it is already where you are waiting to be locally collected, converted, and used. Unfortunately, most popular approaches to solar are based on the idea of a big solar panel array (solar farm) in some bright place. This results in the problem of distribution to users, which makes it just like current (no pun) practice - you get a meter and a bill from the utility. Same with wind - you want your own, not the result of the investment of a utility.

A lessor issue with local electricity generation (solar panels on the roof) is that the utility distribution is AC based and all electric products are designed to use that by employing transformers to get DC. If you think about it, almost everything is really using DC except some multiphase motors and the like. If you have panels on the roof you either have to convert it to 60Hz to run your current (still no pun) products, or change to products to run directly (again, no pun) on DC.

As people take charge of their own local electric generation, you may anticipate some products to eventually be offered without the AC to DC transformers. This will be lower the cost to manufacture these products.

One of the problems that Tesla believed in ac current was the fact you can send it long distances over relatively small diameter cables compared to dc would would require much thicker cables to prevent overheating and with copper the price today...... Also it can be sent high voltages low amp hence you can buy energy from different states. If that was not possible, california would be in a sustained blackout.

I just started taking a power systems class and the professor touched on the "debate" (more like all out fight) between Edison and Tesla. The reason AC was adpoted was to take advantage of the step-up and step-down transformers. DC is actually a more efficient way to send electricity over long distances due to the skin effect with AC. DC can be just as safe, but it costs much more (basically requires "fancy transformers").

DC can be just as safe, but it costs much more (basically requires "fancy transformers").

Actually edison used AC for the electric chair to try and scare the masses into thinking AC is more dangerous than DC. I believe he demonstrated on a cow or something the dangers of ac.