DVD Tossup?

J Tanman

Both are nice players but I would go with the RP56. The NS700P is great except it is plagued with the chroma bug. Also the RP56 is slightly cheaper than the NS700P.

------------------

-Paul

My Computer Speaker Setup:

Receiver: Kenwood VR-409 (soon to be Denon AVR-3802)

Front: Klipsch Quintet Satellites

Center: Klipsch Quintet Center

Surround: Klipsch Quintet Satellites

Sub: Sony SA-W305 (soon to be SVS 25-31PC or SVS 25-31CS)

quote:

Originally posted by J Tanman:

I have narrowed down my selection to two DVD players: the Panasonic DVD-RP56 and the Sony DVD-NS700P. Can anybody tell me which one is better? Thanks.

The DVD-RP56 is your best choice. I did extensive research on this myself. The RP56 has the Sage/Faroudja chip which does not have the Chroma Unsampling Problem and it also has DCDi. Keep in mind that it does not have a built in decoder so make sure your amplifier does. For the price of around $230.00 this is and outstanding bargain!

Thanks for the input. I was just shopping around a little more and I came across the new Mitsubishi 8020 DVD Audio/Video player. It retails for around $350, but other than that, I really can't find much info about this DVD player (what chip?, chroma bug?, overall quality of mitsubishi products (never owned one)?). If anyone has any info or know of any good reviews I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

good input on various a/v electronics-extensive discussion on above topics and more! go to:www.hometheaterforum.com i'm looking Eyes.gif at the sony dvpns900v. it's the closest thing to the 9000es dvd player, but no chroma bug seen as of the last time i checked w/the threads in that forum, multi-channel SuperAudioCD, switchable progressive-scan,looks like a winner, but see for yourself. also crutchfield has decent info on it. avman.

------------------

1-pair klf 30's

c-7 center

ksps-6 surrounds

sony strda-777ES receiver upgraded to v.2.02 including virtual matrix 6.1

sony playstation 2

dishnetwork model 7200 dishplayer satellite receiver/digital bitstream recorder

pioneer dvd player

sharp 32"tv and sharp xv-z1u lcd projector

panamax max dbs+5 surge protector/power conditioner

monster cable interconnects/12 gua.speaker wire

a 'teens' sub coming!(RSW-15 LOOKIN'GOOD!)

KLIPSCH-So Good It Hz!

• 2 weeks later...