Project completed! (TT review, thanks Scott!)

Clarence

SHES up and MOVIN'! With the gracious help of fellow forum member Scott0210, the Pro-Ject Debut is happily spinning away... and I am impressed!

Dynamics dyminics dynamics. did I say Dynamic? It is doubtful that I will be purchasing any more cds, unless its not available on vinyl. It brings out the best in recordings. I am majorly impressed. The Pro-ject is well constructed, solis, and simple. I give the table two thumbs up. I cant see where one would need to spend more than $270 on a entry level audiophile table. I will be keeping this for a longgg time.

Packaging get 1 thumb up. It was well cushioned, but I didnt see the counterweight stuffed in the soft covered foam the the base rested in. Otherwise, great job, double boxed.

Instructions get two thumbs down. and one middle finger up. Horrible!! Backward drawings, no step by step assembly, NEWTONS??, poor parts labeling, a mess. I could have set this up without help if the directions were clear. Maybe they figure if you are buying a "Audiophile TT" then you know how to assemble and adjust thinks like downforce, "azimutt", etc. BIG thanks to scott, I was listening to it with no downforce dialed in, and it was playing great. DUH!

Thanks all, here's some pics!

post-21157-13819307952032_thumb.jpg

You're welcome Clarence (can I call you Ed?). It was an entry level ProJect that got me hooked on vinyl 5 or 6 years ago.

They make great sounding stuff and write the worlds worst manuals. I'd forgotton just how bad the manuals were until I looked your up on the ProJect website. I think you would have done better had you not read the manual first[:)]

PS: don't worry you can call me scott0210, that's my email address. Why I even have that stupid Klipsch name of scott0527 I'll never know. Too late to change it now though.