Musical preference

xdetroitx

I have for the past 20 years listened to Hardcore music(hatebreed, throwdown, misfits). Music that most people dont listen to on a regular basis. I have enjoyed other music genres but not all that often. I have recently been amazed at the different types of music I have been listening to on a regular basis since purchasing my Klipsch speakers. I am constantly looking for anything and everything different to put in my cd player in order to hear my klipsch speakers perform. I never new classical could sound so alive. I never thought I would be jamming out to Jewel, nor rockin out to Janis. I want to know if any other forum members find themselves venturing into new musical genres after purchasing their Klipsch products inorder to hear their system work its magic in many different ways?

Signed....On my way to purchase some Jazz cds.

I have for the past 20 years listened to Hardcore music(hatebreed, throwdown, misfits). Music that most people dont listen to on a regular basis. I have enjoyed other music genres but not all that often. I have recently been amazed at the different types of music I have been listening to on a regular basis since purchasing my Klipsch speakers. I am constantly looking for anything and everything different to put in my cd player in order to hear my klipsch speakers perform. I never new classical could sound so alive. I never thought I would be jamming out to Jewel, nor rockin out to Janis. I want to know if any other forum members find themselves venturing into new musical genres after purchasing their Klipsch products inorder to hear their system work its magic in many different ways?

Signed....On my way to purchase some Jazz cds.

I find I can not listen to much modern american music. I grew up listening to my brothers rock music which I still love like beatles hendrix zappa etc but the modern music industry the exception perhaps being some indie labels is very stale and boring...pathetix even. I like alot of the early punk bands from the mid 70's to early 80's but the recordings of most are terrible although The Slits, Siouxsie, and The Clash made a couple quality records. I recently discovered Cptn.Beefheart and his magic band which is absolutley insane and rediscovered Frank Zappa. Give me music by people that love music and are in it for that reason not the modern wanna make a million bucks and be on rockstar **vomit** but JMHO.

xdetroitx, There is alot of interesting music coming out of Japan by bands that were totaly influenced by punk, hardcore and even new wave which has produced some interesting hybrids. http://www.rockofjapan.com/ my favorite so far is polysics inspired by early devo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FCCxswyiw0 dorky video love the band...

i love music

That was one reason for my foray back into vinyl. I have a huge collection, not only my own classic rock, but Dad's 60's pop, and a whole bunch of garage sale finds. And about three huge boxes sent by GaryMD of Forum Fame.

Got to get a quality TT working here. It'll double my personal music library!

Horns sound great on horn speakers, and nearly anything of 'traditional' instruments such as classical or jazz seems to really make my Klispch sound their best. Maybe that's because the speakers were voiced when those musical styles were are the forefront?

Michael