Unauthorized Dealers

trachselbj

I've been shopping around for a subwoofer to compliment the Quintet satellites and KSWC-1 center ordered from Ubid.com. I'm thinking of purchasing a KSW-10 or 12, but am a little unsure about the legitimacy of several sites. Does anyone have knowledge of or experience with 50 Top Sellers or avbay.com. Both offer a reasonably good prices, but then again there's the question of legitimacy. I'm also wondering about which unit would work best with this system. I'm a little embarrassed to say that my receiver's only 60 watts. Thanks.

i have wondered this before and i just called the sites via the 1-800 number. you should do that and ask. also a call to Klipsch might answer that. personally i do not buy much stuff off of the net just because i like to touch it before it is brought to my house.

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, if it is professional help you want email Amy or call her toll free @ 1-888-554-5665

yea call the sites & they'll probably tell you u have a full manufacturer's warranty. truth is they do but you

don't so u better hope they don't go under.

the only klipsch authorized nationwide net dealer that klipsch will honor a warranty on is ubid & they use them only for clearance. may want to check for a ksw there. the key is whether they are authorized by klipsch if you value a warranty.

klipsch has the list of authorized dealers on this site. not saying some authorized dealers won't bend the rules & sell outside their areas though Wink.gif

------------------

My Home Systems Page

andabout thereceiver thing, it does not really matter which oneyou use it with. by that i mean that the wattage of your receiver/amplifier won't matter with a powered subwoofer such as the ones in the KSW line.

the sub has an internal amp that powers only the sub.

justin, klipsch policy is that their auth dealers sell only in their exclusive territory where they have a physical store (except for ubid) & where they can deliver w/ their own truck or u pick up. of course they can use the net if they meet the above, f.e., good guys can sell to u on their central web-site if they have a store in your area.

though pretty hard to enforce, that's the basic klipsch

policy last time i heard & from what i understand.

------------------

My Home Systems Page

what about Vanns.com? they make shoes but are supposidely an authorized klipsch dealer

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her toll free @ 1-888-554-5665

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call toll free: 1-800-KLIPSCH (1-800-554-7724)

Return Authorization (RA#) Fax Number-317-860-9140

Parts Department Fax Number-317-860-9150

Thanks for all the advice. You guys are a big help for novices like me. I guess I should probably stick with Ubid, but the only sub listed there for the past month's been the 15. You can get it for about $370.00; however, the shipping jacks the price up another $60.00-$70.00. I'd probably be happier with the 15 and a warranty, it's just that it seems like a lot of money. If you can believe it, C/Net rated a JBL sub as being better than the KSW-10 and it only costs around $200.00. Hope I'm not sounding cheap. I'd originally planned to upgrade to a ProMedia 5.1 and promised my wife that going this route wouldn't cost too much more.

I bought mine from sounddistributors.com with no problem. BUT--I think I would be happier with a different sub, maybe a velodyne. Klipsch makes great speakers, but some of their subs leave a lot to be desired. At least my KSW12 is a little too boomy for my taste. Velodyne's have a nice, sharp, snappy sound to them, for lack of a better description.