DVD player advice please

wuzzzer

The weakest link in my home theater is my DVD player ($30 Magnavox unit I won at a work party) Anyway...

I'm wanting to replace my player with something that will go well with my current system. Options like HDMI and HD upscaling aren't really important to me. Just looking for something that sounds good and looks good.

I've been looking at the harman/kardon DVD players that the h/k factory store is selling on eBay. Looks like they're selling anywhere from $50-$100 depending on the model for players retailing in the $299-$349 range. The style will match my HK3480.

Are there any other brands or players I should be considering? Would brands whose receivers/amplifiers are considered 'warm' also be true with their DVD players?

Oh, looking to spend $100-150 tops.

wuzzer

I bought an h/k off ebay last year to match a 7200 I was using at the time. I think it was the dvd 50, a 5 disc player. The sound was nice but it took forever to load & it takes a couple of seconds to pick up the audio. After a couple of months it started skipping regularly. I got so frustrated with it I just tossed it out. Maybe I just got a bad unit & it was used.