*PING* for Kev313

SilverSport

That's strange. I received your email and replied to it midday yesterday. Here is a copy from my sent items on yahoo:

I've never heard the Azur 640, so I cannot comment on it as compared to the Sony. I can tell you, however, that the Sony is a quality unit. Its cd playback was comparable to my Rega Planet. The SACD is very good also and is a nice addition to your 2 channel system. Why get 2 of the same unit when you can add SACD playback?

Plus, it is a top notch DVD player!

Kevin

Klipsch Forums - Automated Email <forums@klipsch.com> wrote:

You have received a new Private Message from silversport

Subject: SONY 9000ES

Kev,

You had responded to me on the subject of budget CD players and had mentioned the SONY 9000ES and this was on my short list...there are several on AudioGon and I wondered if I could ask you some more questions:

Do you think this unit if in good condition is worth $400-$500 dollars?

Have you ever compared the Cambridge Audio Azur 640 to the 9000ES?

The 9000ES has the added benefit of SACD (which I have never heard) is this a big step up in sound???

I have the Cambridge which I love...I am thinking of picking up another (it is a sickness... ; )...and the price of a new Cambridge 640C v1 is near $400 and a used but nice (they say) SONY 9000ES is in the same ball park.

Any information you could pass along would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Bill (silversport)

Kevin,

Thank you very much...so you think $400-$500 is still a fair price for this unit...sorry, I have onyl done a small amount of research on this unit...it is hard to get past all those who have modded the unit to hear how people have liked the non modded SONY...also, many posts here show someone asks a question on the 9000ES and very little response to THAT unit...many talk about others...

Thanks for taking the time...TWICE!

Bill