Lowest cost way to ship big old horns?

Colin

Guys, since we have so many different offers for big old horns from one end of the country to the next on a regular basis (thanks Klipsch and Ebay) and sales going in one direction or the other, we either need:

1. A central market exchange to trade purchase/sale contracts for future deliveries of each model; thereby establishing a fluid market price, with a scale to adjust for individual differences. (So that you could buy low cost Belles in Michigan, for example, but take delivery on ones in California.)

2. Or find a very low cost way to ship large, mostly empty, wood boxes?

What do you guys think? What is the cheapest way to ship our precious wood cabinets - or should we start a Klipsch trading floor?

(just kidding

cwm1.gif )

I've shipped a few larger crated item via www.forwardair.com

They are pretty cheap compared to the rest and very quick! 410lbs. 4 days from Ca. to NY for $203. They ship from airport to airport so you'd have to have means of picking it up from the terminal once it arrived. Heck, you could rent a uhaul for $29 if you had to.

The only drawback is that they do not do any crating. The person shipping them would have to do that prior to dropping them off. How hard can it be to put two speakers on a pallet, wrap them individually with cardboard or something and then strap them down?

Check them out. I will vouch for these guys!

------------------

My system thus far:

1980 Cornwalls (mains)

1990 Heresy II's (rears)

2001 KLF-C7 (center)

2001 KSW15 (Subwoofer)

HK AVR 510 (reciever - Going back soon!)

Kenwood DV402 (DVD)

Sony KV 27V55 (9 year old 27" TV)