RS-3 over a saltwater fish tank?

CheeseHead

Any thoughts on mounting an RS-3 above a saltwater tank? The speaker doesn't appear to have any worrisome components, except the woofer, any possiblity that could corrode? If I were to mount the speaker in this way, it would be on the wall about 2' above the tank, so I could still open the canopy. Could I consider ceiling mounting? Only drawback is that from what I've read it should be about 3' above the listening area. ***On a side note, I recall reading someone having a problem with loose binding posts on their RS-3, I had the same problem. If I didn't happen to have a torx screwdriver on hand I would've been PO'd.

I have my rear surrounds ounted on the wall over my saltwater fishtank and I haven't had any problems at all. The only way I could see that you might have problems is if the fishtank is an open top where there could be some splashing of water. But with mine, I have a full canopy so no water can ever get splashed out, and evaporation is at a minimum.

Good Luck.

------------------

Klipsch Quartets

Adcom GFA-555 Musical Concepts Modified

NAD 1600 Pre/Tuner

Sony C-67ES CD Player

Hey Cheesehead.......

What do you have for a fishtank? Any pics?

Here is a link to my fishtank website -

http://www.angelfire.com/me3/fishtanks

It needs some pretty serious updating, quite a few things have changed and I also added another 5.5 gal nano reef.

------------------

Klipsch Quartets

NAD 1600 Pre/Tuner

Sony C-67ES CD Player

Wow, you have some pricey fish! I took down my 55 that had African cichlids in it when I remodeled and gave the fish to my friends. Now that my room is put back together I'll be putting a salt tank up. On a related note, have you ever had a speaker above a tank, fresh or salt? I'm also curious how fish will react with a subwoofer about 6 feet away.

My rear surrounds for my HT system are right above the 150 gal tank.

But with my Quartets I have measured over 115 db in that same room and the fishtank is only about 15 feet away from them and right in the sweet spot. The fish don't seem to be bothered by it at all, and even with my HT system with the movies up pretty loud, they don't seem to mind.

------------------

Klipsch Quartets

NAD 1600 Pre/Tuner

Sony C-67ES CD Player

• 2 weeks later...

A saltwater fishtank only requires weekly water changes. And in all reallity, the more mature the tank is, the less you have to do to it. Now that I've had my tank for a couple of years now, I only do water changes every 2-3 weeks, and of course I feed the fish daily. But all in all, it really isn't that hard to keep....but the key is patience and don't overstock.

Hey you fish/Klipsch lovers,

I've got my 250 gal salt tank up for sale on E-Bay it's a good deal ;]. Search for "aquarium 250" and you'll find it. Even with full canopy youll have a higher level of humidity in that area, what are those driver cones made of? Just a thought.

J.