Best receiver for RF-35?

Wojtek

I just got a nice pair of RF-35 speakers and I like them very much.

I plugged them on my father's old pioneer vsx-d1s receiver and they sounded great, but I need one of my own.

Any recommendations for a good 7.1 receiver in the 300-500$ range that would match the rf-35 well?

I'm also planning to purchase Mirage nanosats micro to complete the 7.1 setup.

As for the subwoofer, It'll probly be the klipsch rw-12.

This setup will be used mostly for music, but also for the occasionnal movie.

Thank You

-Wojtek

If the price range was from $1000-$2000 to spend, what would you guys recommend?

Thread stealer :)

As for my RF-35 setup, I can't decide between a Yamaha HTR-5960 and a Denon AVR-886S.

Both the same price at bestbuy but my local ones don't have the denons in stock. Can't take a look at it.

I like yamaha's "enhanced compressed music" thing. but the Denon has a 2nd room feature wich I might use in the future.

Any better then the other?

Wojtek - Harman Kardon; real clean power

Those Harman's have about half the wattage of the others in the same price range.

Won't my speakers be underpowered? The AVR-240 is rated at 50w x 7

//edit

I've looked deeper at the specs and found something interesting.

Power Consumption : 118W idle, 890W maximum (7 channels driven)

(890 - 118) / 7 = 110 max

Can we asume this receiver would be rated at 110W like the other brands?

I've looked deeper at the specs and found something interesting.
Power Consumption : 118W idle, 890W maximum (7 channels driven)

Real honest power. I have the H/K 7200 & it drove my 7's very nicely which are a tough load. The 7's really benefit from additional power so I went to Outlaw separates.

I don't believe your 35's are as tough a load to drive.

Looks and sounds like Yamaha screechers are not a good match with Klipsch! [:$]

Well this depends on the sound you like,you would have to give them a listen.

Denon receivers like HK are smoother,but even these can get edgy compared with high quality separates(like Sunfire,Anthem).

With Klipsch speakers you must like to have at least a bit of sparkle,as by defeinition Klipsch does now round the upper registers.

Looks and sounds like Yamaha screechers are not a good match with Klipsch! [:$]

Well this depends on the sound you like,you would have to give them a listen.

Denon receivers like HK are smoother,but even these can get edgy compared with high quality separates(like Sunfire,Anthem).

With Klipsch speakers you must like to have at least a bit of sparkle,as by defeinition Klipsch does now round the upper registers.

only a bit on the rf-83... I mean its not ear hurting anymore if that is your flavor.....

Wojo,

Either of your selections would be great with the 35's. I have done alot of research on Yamahas and the 5960 has gotten good reviews.

The H/K lists true power and also would easily power your speakers, so It boils down to what is avaliable for pickup, and can you Hear /play with the receiver before you purchase it.

Also remember BB return policy- which gives you time to play with it and see if you like it.

I used a simple 35wpc Old Creek Int amp to power my 35's. It did a fantastic job with no Problems at all................

I first started looking at the HK240, but then then HK435 became interesting. Better processing chip and slightly more power.

But then the Marantz SR4600 became the obvious choice.

Highly regarded sound and good wattage, at a fairly good price.

Would that be a good match?

My kind of music is techno/trance/house. I always boost the lows and highs.

Klipsch give great highs, so im looking for something that would reproduce low prequencies pretty well, without me having to EQ the bass to the max.

Thank You :)