Christmas comes in September

Raptor22

I owned an NAD T-762 AVR that I "blew up" by inadvertently dropping a 12vdc trigger wire onto the back panel. The local dealer & authorized repair center took it in severral months ago to fix. After some time I called to check on status and nothing had been done and they agreed to send it back to NAD for repair since their guy wasn't getting it done (this thing was outside the 1 year warranty). Today I get a call from them that NAD, for whatever reason, had authorized them to replace the 762 with a brand new T-763 V2 with full factory warranty!!!! Come pick it up at any time, it's waiting with my name on it! Be there tomorrow to get it I say. Now, I had already purchased a new Denon AVR4306 and so I am going to put this up for trade/sell to get a new subwoofer. I see new 763s going for $900-1100 on those auction places so I figure that since the dealer has agreed to put anyone's name as buyer for warranty purposes, I can get at least the going rate. What do I buy? I am a Klipsch guy but have never owned one of their subs. My system info is before, anyone care to help?

I use this system for about 90% movies and some weekend music. The room is approx. 14x 23 with an average ceiling height of 8' as it is astaggered from 9 to 8 to 7. Laminate hardwood over cement basement floor, no opening from main room that I cannot close off, drywall over cement walls on front and back, drywall sides and ceiling.

My system:

Chorus II..........Academy..........Chorus II

RS-7................................................RS-7

....Quartet.......Academy.........Quartet....

I am using a M&K V125 next to right front at this time. Since I am getting close to finally dialing in the speakers, room and system I am beginning to think I need more, aahh...UMMPH on the far bottom end. Seems if I crank up the sub channel to fill in that it's not "clean". For the life of me I cannot make heads or tails what sub would work here. I will say that HSU suggest there STF-2 but that was when I stated that my budget was $600, now I can spend whatever I gety for the AVR.