Has any heard the new RT-12d

ram2500

Just wondering how it sound and how the ARC(adaptive room correction) works.   Did anybody purchase one yet?  I don't have an open corner to use.  So I would have to put it on a wall.   I have chance to buy a demo RSW-15 at a good price.  I also considering the SVS PB-plus/2.

I heard one at length yesterday. It was part of a system of RF82 fronts, Rc62 center, RS62 rears. It was placed in a corner, and the dealer had used the ARC to tune it to the room. I played a wide variety of music that I am very familiar with.

In short, the sub seamlessly blended with the system, and it was impossible to tell where the RF82's left off and the sub began. The sub did not draw attention to itself; instead you just heard the music. Bass had a transparent quality to it, and you could hear ambience in the bass region. Delineation between bass instruments in complex passages was excellent. Response was smooth and solid down to the lowest notes of any material I played. The sub disappeared into the music. It was both powerful, and articulate at any volume I played. In summary, it did everything I expect of a sub, exceptionally well.

I purchased one and just started setting it up yesterday. It sounds terrific and I don't have it placed in a corner. Very powerful even at low volumes. Mine is black and the finish looks very good. I have to play with it more but so far I am very pleased. I too was considering the RSW 15" but this is more powerful and truly does blend with the music. The ARC plugs in the back of the subwoofer and works just like the ARC that came with my Pioneer Elite receiver. Easy to use and calibrates room acoustics automatically with a test tone. All of the other controls are easy to learn and use also. As a side note, only the front grill has the Klipsch logo on the bottom. The sides have a place for it also so I inquired with Klipsch about buying two logos for two reasons. One it would look better and two, if the front grill got damaged in any way you could move it to the sides where it would be hidden. Trivial stuff but since the grills are all the same it would be nice to interchange them if you needed and have the logo too!! You can't buy extra logo's you have to buy the whole grill. Good Luck with your purchase.

• Like 1

There is no remote and the IR sensor will only work three types of PC learning remotes. I suggest you contact Klipsch Technical Service and he can explain it to you. It's really a wasted feature that you probably will never use even if you buy the remote needed. The other issue is that the IR sensor is located in the back........usually any sensor is located in the front. Despite this, it's still a great sounding subwoofer.

• Like 1