Thanx to Leok

steve

A while back I was having some issues with my system, (which I have since resolved with an inline volume attenuator), but while I was having these problems, Leo was kind enough to offer a loan of his P6D digital amp so I could troubleshoot my components.

I accepted his generous offer, and I must say, I was thoroughly impressed with the little mighty mite! I put it in place of my stereo duty SET300B and I could hardly tell the difference! (ok, insert your joke here) Maybe a little detail difference in the highs, but I could easily live with the digital amp! And no changing tubes either, no heat to boot!! Anyway, it was quite the device! Leo apparently put this together before the digital amp rave caught on, before other companies started mass marketing their like amps, at a lower mass marketed price. Too bad, because Leo could have cornered the market! Kelly (mobilehomeless) has one, and understandably so, wrote a glowing review of the unit, comparing it to his Moondogs, I believe. A high compliment, indeed.

My main reason for this blog is to thank Leo for his loan, and to reaffirm that this is a great forum, with great people, even if we can all disagree sometimes, and even get a little hot headed. It's still a pretty good family. Heck, we put the fun in dysfunctional. Thanx again, Leo. You are truly a gentleman.

Regards,

Steve

Thanks for the nice note Steve. One of my original purposes in making several of the amps was to use them as references. It was satisfying to have this work out that way. Also, good thing you brought this up, because I forgot (very busy week) .. I do have the amp back and in fine shape (the light pipe IS rattling around inside. Too bad you didn't see it with the light pipe in place). Very interesting shrink-wrap around the amp.

Leo

Hi Leo

I did the vacuum seal on the amp, as I always worry when anything goes thru the mail..don't want it to get exposed to rain, and get wet!

I figured that was the light pipe floating around, after I emailed yuo when I first got it..

Anyway, thanx again..and really, if you ever build any more, I'd like to purchase one.

Many thanx again,

Steve