SOLD: THANK YOU Near Mint McIntosh C-30 SS Pre-Amp

Travis In Austin

• Moderators

I have a McIntosh MC-30, solid state, preamp for sale. I bought this unit two months ago to "bridge the gap" while I was having another McIntosh tube preamp upgraded by Craig, and the arrivial of my BlueBerry. My BBX is going to arrive next week so I am selling this unit to make some room.

I bought this unit from an audiophile aquaintance of mine who was the original owner. He replaced it with a $10,000 CJ preamp. It was enclosed in a cabinet and it is in beautiful condition. There are not bubbles in the face plate, no scratches, it is in excellent condition. I would be happy to send plenty of photographs to anyone who is interested. I paid $750.00 for it at the beginning of July, and I am going to let it go on here for $650.00 to a forum member who can use it, plus shipping. If no one can use it on here I will list it on Audiogon next week. I am not listing it on here for someone to buy and then turn around on ebay. I understand that things happen and that might happen down the line, I am hoping that someone can use this great preamp.

You can check out the prices that Audio Classics get for these baby's here:

http://www.audioclassics.com/detail.php3?detail=C30&nav=brand

One recently sold on Ebay for 866.00 plus 75 for shipping, here is the link. It had an aftermarket wood cabinet and mine does not.

http://cgi.ebay.com/McIntosh-C30-Solid-state-Preamp-Tuner-perfect_W0QQitemZ200023802303QQcmdZViewItem

These are the specs from Roger Russell's site:

C 30 Stereo Preamplifier

ELECTRICAL: Response 20-20kHz (+0 -0.5dB). Distortion 0.007%. Noise and hum -100dB aux, -90dB phono. Output rated 2.5V. Maximum output 10V. Input sensitivity and impedance: high level 0.20V (10V max) at 22k, phono 2mV (100mV max) at 47k and 65pF. Program equalizer: 30, 150, 500, 1500 and 10,000Hz boost or cut 12dB. LF filter 50Hz at 12dB/octave. HF filter 7kHz at 12dB/octave. Voltage gain 22dB high level, 62dB phono.

FRONT PANEL: Glass panel. Illuminated. Input selector: aux, vcr, tv, laser, cd, tuner, ph. Equalizer frequency: 30, 150, 500, 1500 and 10k, headphone volume, volume, Mode selector: L to L+R, R to L+R, stereo rev, stereo, mono (L+R), L+R to L and L+R to R. Pushbutton switches with indicator lights: tape monitor: tape 1 or tape 2, tape copy: 1 to 2 or 2 to 1, lf-hf filter: in or out, speaker/output 1 or 2: in or out, power: on or off. Headphone jacks, Tape 2 input and output jacks. Balance, Loudness: flat to max.

BACK PANEL: Outputs: 1, 2, main, line, tape 1, tape 2, Speaker control relay socket. Inputs: tape 1, tape 2, aux, vcr, tv, laser, cd, tuner, ph. Ground binding post. External processors: main: to and from, tape: to and from. AC outlets: 6 switched, 1 unswitched, 1 switched (turntable auto-on). Auto-manual switch. Auto-on sensitivity: min to max. Fuse. Panloc mounting.

Size 5-7/16"H, 16"W and 13"D behind panel. Weight 18 lb. Sold from 1985-1987. Last retail price $1649.00

It did not come with the original manual, but I have it in pdf format.

If you have any questions you can reach me at tcwesq@texas.net and I will try and answer them for you. I will be happy to send photos.

The photo is from the AC site, wanted to get something up right away, like I said I will have plenty of photos of the actual unit to send.

Travis