2 questions please help

Rookie101

Can you use the Klipsch RF7 series for center, front, and side effect and RF5 series for rear? Would they match or should I buck up and get RF7 for rears?? Also I have a DenonAVR5800 receiver and I'm thinking of exchanging it for B&K AVR307 or going with B&K separates. Any thoughts please!! One last question, I have Mirage speaker set up now I know this is a Klipsch forum but what are your thoughts between the two? My complaints with Mirage is that when playing 2 channel they are not crisp enough for my taste. But the omni-polar technology is great for home theater. I trying to find a surround system that will give me the best of both. Please help with your thoughts and thanks in advance for your time.

Marc

Rookie101,

By all means go with the B & K 307--It is probably one of the most musical recievers I have ever heard and HT on it is nothing short of astonishing. The RF-7/RF-5 set-up should work well. If using a tube television get the RF-7 "center channel" shielded (does KLIPSCH offer a shielded 7 ?/ are they already shielded?). The Mirage line to me seemed to work pretty good for HT (the last thing I heard was a om-c2, om-7, omr-2 set-up running on a sunfire processor/amp combo w/ a Paradigm pw-2200) but will not give you the overall output/ performance that Klipsch will. They seem to be a little more laid back on the top end as you have stated.

Hope that helps.

Two thumbs way up on the B&K 307

------------------

LSU PAINTBALL- We'll cover you with our balls!

Paintball players do it 'till their balls break!

1 Pair KLF-30's

Sonic Frontiers SFL-1 Pre-amp

Carver TFM-45 Amp

Teac AD-4 CD Player

***Needed VPI HW Series Turntable*** Anybody Sellin'?

Rookie101:

The system you mentioned should be quite astounding. The only thing I would mention is that using RF-7's as surrounds for HT may not give you the wide ambience you desire for the rear channels. How about 5 RF-7's for 5-channel music and a set of RS-7's for side surrounds? BTW, the RF-7's have our best shielding to date of any speaker we have produced.

PhilH