Mystery

SpeakerHeadroom

This the best i can do. I went and found the instruction manual that came with my FII's. As mine were among the first built, the specs I have are for the Chorus and Forte models, not the II's...On the graph, the fortes are smoother over most of the 90 to 180 range than the chorus. At the end of said spectrum the forte's start rising a tad later but bump up about a .25db more, while the chorus rise a little earlier then hump down to the 200 mark. If anything the fortes are smoother most of the time, with the main difference between them in that range being where the peak is (about 25hz form each other). The fortes start rolling off at 38hz and the chorus at 42, but the chorus roll off much faster.

I think the combination of drivers and dimensions of the cabinet contribute to some being better at low end response than others. You certainly cannot conclude that the fortes achieve their low end because of a sacrifice in your stated range.