Mixing new w/ Heritage

KOZ

Hey guys-

I'm in planning mode for my HT. I have a set of CWs that I intend to use for the fronts. I've recieved a lot of good advice about keeping the entire system Heritage. But I wonher if I have enough room. Does anyone recommend using RS 62 for surround (on the walls), RC 64 center and an RT 12d for the sub (basically an RF 83 system with CWs in front. Does this make any sense to you guys??

Or go Heresys and ???

keep it at least all Heritage up front.. left, center and right...

I have a k horn cornwall center (vertical on its side..) k horn witht he RSW 15 sub and 4 RS7's for rears/ side surrounds.. I must admit it does sound pretty darn good too upstairs. Is it a perfect match.. no.. do I care in this instance??? no.. lol..

look your left right and the best.... and I mean the best center you can find for your center to fit in....... with a great sub is more important.. surrounds are next...in the pecking order.

Some of it depends if you want a sprayed surround sound, or more direct too?

Based on my experience I can only recommend two choices. I have tried a mixed system in various iterations. Heritage mains w Ref center and surrounds and Heritage Mains and center wit Ref surrounds. Based on my results I would recommend you go with either an all Heritage rig (I did and believe me it is worth it) or an all reference system. When it comes to the sub options the New RT12 D show a ton of potential for my situation but I have not heard them yet and likely wont be able to demo them as no one in So Cal has em up for demo/sale that I know of. I have heard the THX Ultra II Subs with Heritage and IMO it is a match made in heaven. My recommendation is whichever you decide on, do not mix lines for mains, center and surrounds my experiences bear it out to be a poor choice.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />