Two way binding post, how do they work???

JetSnake

I noticed the RF-83 has two sets of speaker input post. How does this work if you un-strap them? Will one set power the woofers while the other powers the horn? If that's the case, how would you hook this to the receiver since most only have one output per front speaker.

I noticed the SunFire amp has a separate voltage and current output for each front speaker. Is that where you would use this un-strapped setup, run a wire from the voltage source the horn and a wire from the current source to the woofers?

You can either bi-amp or bi-wire.

Bi-amp consists of having two separate amplifiers, one powering the LF (woofers) and one power the HF (tweeters)

Bi-wire consists of running two speaker wires from each positive and negative output on the amp/receiver and hooking one to the LF positive, one to the HF positive, one to the LF negative and one to the HF negative.

Bi-amping can be very expensive and hard to adjust if you're not using the exact same amplifiers, Bi-wiring has been debated over and over and most say there isn't much benefit to doing so.

Posted Image

Posted Image

If the wires are connected at the source end for bi-wiring, then it shouldn't matter if they are connected at the speaker end, right? The only advantage I can see with bi-wiring is that it increases the gauge of wire. You could replace the bi-wire set-up with one bigger wire to have the same effect, right?