KG SW subwoofer

montigue

The KG SW subwoofer of corse does not have an internal amp for power. I guess you are supposed to just use the speaker wire L/R inputs and then run them out to your mains.

My question is this,(probably a stupid one) is their a way to use a seperate amp for this sub. Using the sub out signal from my av receiver to the sub amp? then some how wiring the sub amp to the sub? am I making any sense at all here? HELP!!

cwm45.gif

This message has been edited by montigue on 11-20-2001 at 01:06 PM

Yes, you can use a separate amp for the sub. As you say, just run the sub out from your receiver into the inputs of an outboard amp, then speaker level inputs from the amp to the sub. If there are no volume controls on your sub amp, you'll have to do all the volume adjustments in your receiver, using the sub channel level.

You can use an old receiver for the sub amp just by connecting the sub out into the tape in of the old receiver. Or, you can get a monoblock amp (like those cool narrow Marantz 125 watters) to drive the sub.

Doug

thanks dougdrake,

by the way does anybody know how that KG SW subwoofer sound's? For being a dual 8" woofer bandpass enclosure does it sound good? Would it sound good matched with the KG 5.2's ? Anybody?

Monty R

This message has been edited by montigue on 11-20-2001 at 08:40 PM

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I am a newbie to the forum and in the process of upgrading my current speakers. I have it on good authority that I may encure a pretty severe lashing if I were to admit that I am now using Bose speakers (901 fronts and acoustimass for the rest).... :-)

To redeem myself (and to save humiliation prior to my first post here), I have just ordered new speakers: RF-7s, RC-7, RS-7s and RSW-12.

Now I will be getting rid of my current speakers (which brings me to the purpose of this post) which also includes a Klipsch KG SW - if anyone is interested.

Joe