Audio problems - cable box or my Denon??

BillH2121

I have a Denon AVR 1705 receiver and Scientific Atlanta HT/DVR cable box. On the audio digital out settings on the the cable box, I have "Dolby Digital" selected (selctions are "HDMI", "Dolby Digital", and "Other"). In the last couple of days, certain channels including all HT and movie channels have no sound thorugh the HT system. If I select "other" instead of "Dolby Digital" in the box settings, then I get sound, but no dolby digital, just dolby pro logic. If I by-pass the Denon receiver, and run straight through TV, then I get sound when "Dolby Digital" selected.

First, can I assume the problem is with my Denon and not the cable box since I get sound with the "Dolby Digital" selected when running through the TV and not the reciever? Two, have I got something selected in the menu of my Denon that's creating my problem or is there something wrong with the receiver? Thanks for any help as this is driving me nuts - and yes, I checked all my connects and wiring.